• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Manchester City 3 Chelsea 0

Its how you think about it. I want us to go there and let them expend huge amounts of energy achieving nothing and we break like lightening and hit them on the counter-attack preferably two or three times. I don;t think there's a huge amount of pace in their side (at least in defence and midfield).

I still rate our performance at the Etihad in Mourinho's first season back as our best under him. They were flying and we completely out-thought them, should have been 3 up by half time. I don't think something like that is beyond us

Sciatika   

It really winds me up when people moan about being bored by our defence. I played as a defender (though a bit long in the tooth now) and, to me, it's absolutely brilliant to watch. Its like a chess game of tactics, where player positioning, superb teamwork and great one-on-one play win the game. Its not like being a striker where failure to score happens many times in a game. One failure in defence is almost certain to give away an opportunity or even a goal. To my way of thinking, the only reason fans of other clubs moan about it is that they know they don't have the players with the skills to do this, Compare the defences of the Manchester clubs, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool. None are patch on ours. Its wonderful.

How long until we can actually have talk about putting City on the ropes rather than "hoping for 0-0 or grabbing a 1-0 and being pleased"? Bayern, Madrid and Barcelona wouldn't talk about playing City in that manner unless they had major injuries and if we want to compete for the Champions League this season then that's the kind of attitude we need to operate in.

Yeah. But it's Chels 🙈

I take it we are protecting Matic for the transfer before the end of the month,or maybe the January window.He was fantastic on his debut against Man City if I remember well and you dont want him in the team.Go figure.

He was crap on his debut against Man C - at least that was my interpretation.

Matic and Luiz were poor. The front 4 harried excellently. the back 4 and Cech were impermeable. Luiz and Matic might as well not have been there the number of times City walked through them.

Under TFC Matic would have been great in the Luiz role, but in the current set up Matic just doesn't have the energy to be where he is supposed to be. Or maybe it is pace. He is constantly 5 yards away from where he should be and he turns like a supertanker.

But yes - v good with the ball (though we have yet to see a 2nd striker drop off and harry him).

It is a description that describes pretty much every game since.

The strange thing is that is I could see that on his debut - why has everyone else taken so long?

Ham   

He was crap on his debut against Man C - at least that was my interpretation.

It is a description that describes pretty much every game since.

The strange thing is that is I could see that on his debut - why has everyone else taken so long?

Same old sanctimonious bullsh1t, different topic. You're even quoting your own opinion as fact now?

Maybe that night Droy was suffering from a rare condition known as Yaya Blindness - a complete inability to recognise the form of Yaya Toure. It's the only explanation I have for the assertion that Matic did nothing of value in that game, whereas actually he was frequently on Toure like a rash.

Maybe that night Droy was suffering from a rare condition known as Yaya Blindness - a complete inability to recognise the form of Yaya Toure. It's the only explanation I have for the assertion that Matic did nothing of value in that game, whereas actually he was frequently on Toure like a rash.

DMs do as much to neutralise each other as CFs. The "Toure had a bad game because of Matic" concept was wrong from the start.

He did do a lot well that game - with the ball - and even hit the bar with a 30 yard screamer. The kind of thing I have from time to time said he does well.

But he was crap defensively and seriously, if there are still people who think he performs any positive function for us they need to buy match tickets or get a TV.

Watch how Silva ignores him on Sunday.

Same old sanctimonious bullsh1t, different topic. You're even quoting your own opinion as fact now?

It has been fact for 18 months - if you refuse to see it still....

xCELERYx   

It really winds me up when people moan about being bored by our defence. I played as a defender (though a bit long in the tooth now) and, to me, it's absolutely brilliant to watch. Its like a chess game of tactics, where player positioning, superb teamwork and great one-on-one play win the game. Its not like being a striker where failure to score happens many times in a game. One failure in defence is almost certain to give away an opportunity or even a goal. To my way of thinking, the only reason fans of other clubs moan about it is that they know they don't have the players with the skills to do this, Compare the defences of the Manchester clubs, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool. None are patch on ours. Its wonderful.

I can relate to this, also being a former defender once upon a time. I have no real issue with the defence we play beyond how we use our fullbacks, but more with that we rely upon it far too much to get our results opposed to exploiting the talent we have in the final third.

That truly is comedy gold.

He never did say which Xmas though did he?

DMs do as much to neutralise each other as CFs. The "Toure had a bad game because of Matic" concept was wrong from the start.

He did do a lot well that game - with the ball - and even hit the bar with a 30 yard screamer. The kind of thing I have from time to time said he does well.

But he was crap defensively and seriously, if there are still people who think he performs any positive function for us they need to buy match tickets or get a TV.

Watch how Silva ignores him on Sunday.

It has been fact for 18 months - if you refuse to see it still....

Toure is not a DM and haven't been since he left Barca.

He's played at CAM or CM for City. Against Swansea he had Fernandinho at his side so played the 8 and not the 4/6.

So the "Matic neutralised Toure" wasn't wrong from the start. Everyone except you could see it because it was a DM/CM neutralising the CAM he was facing. Not the first time you confuse positions on the pitch. Maybe some of your wild suggestions stem from that in the first place.