• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

West Bromwich Albion 2 Chelsea 3

I do remember both Arsenal and City's start from last season. Trouble is, I also remember Chelsea's start in the three seasons we have won the title under Mourinho. They all had one thing in common, a very very quick start and leads built up relatively early in the season.

Acknowledged and accepted.

But maybe Jose thinks it's a problem we always seem to run out of steam towards the end? Haven't we done that for basically every season he's been in charge? I could be wrong, but that's how I remember it. Maybe he wants us to be a serious threat for the CL and saves the squad for the last third of the season?

Zoowraa   

But maybe Jose thinks it's a problem we always seem to run out of steam towards the end? Haven't we done that for basically every season he's been in charge? I could be wrong, but that's how I remember it. Maybe he wants us to be a serious threat for the CL and saves the squad for the last third of the season?

Yeah maybe that is in his thinking. I still can't work out pre season. Better opposition meant more intensity in the games, yet we look more undercooked than more games with less intensity in previous pre seasons.

I would not have Fabregas in that 2 again. Put myself through most of the game again earlier and it's just to easy to manourvere him out of the game. The first chance for city after 40seconds is a great example of this. He closes Silva down who does a slight turn on him ,not at pace, Cesc and four others are out of the game and all ahead of the ball whilst City come at us.

I know Droy was flagging up the joy that Silva was going to have with Matic in the hole before the game,it simply didn't happen, Silva got most of his joy when he put himself on Cesc. Matic dealt with him reasonably well. In fact Silva was not that influential at all.

If Cesc is playing, then it's 433 all day long for me from now on. Probably best option is Mikel sat in there between both of them

Completely agree and I made the same observation as you did 40 secs in. The way Silva just jogged around him and away was heartbreaking to watch.

That set the tone for the first 30 mins where they just seemed to ghost past us without even having to try something clever. Just run with the ball and something dangerous was bound to happen.

In all fairness, Fabregas did pick up a bit second half but still a long way short of what we should expect. Been a real issue second half of last season and it doesn't look much better now to be honest. Worried for him.

Yeah maybe that is in his thinking. I still can't work out pre season. Better opposition meant more intensity in the games, yet we look more undercooked than more games with less intensity in previous pre seasons.

The infuriating thing is that none of this would have been an issue if we had a big enough squad to begin with.

It's one of the things I don't like with Jose. That and his insistence on playing his untouchables into the ground.

Arkie   

So Oscar is injured?

I am afraid it will push Mou to "shore things up " again and play Ramires on the right lol.

Begovic most certainly deserves to start.

Begovic

Azpi Zouma Terry Baba

Matic Fabregas

Remy Willian/Oscar (if fit) Hazard

Costa

Seriously need another midfield option, as Matic-Fab is not working at all and hasn't been since the turn of the year.

This is "do or die"?

What are you smoking? 3rd game of the season do or die. Jesus!

Not Jesus, Chelsea.

If we don't win this game we will likely be 7 or 8 points behind after only 3 games. Yes, there are 35 games afterwards. We can still win the league from there.

But you can't keep not winning and expect to win anything. At some point you have to start winning football matches. Frankly, two games without a win is not acceptable for Chelsea, yet alone 3 games.

And we will have other bad runs this season, as all teams do.

We need to win for us, screw the title race. The last game of football we won was in May, and it's nearly September. We haven't won in 7 games including pre-season.

Not good enough. Even with this squad in poor form, we are better than that. It's our worst start since before Roman bought the club.

We need to win for us, to get our belief back. To put this awful run (including pre-season) behind us and move forward.

It's gotta happen soon. Yes, we are not out of it, but this can't go on.

Fabregas played in that two for the whole first half of last season and was brilliant. So he can play there. On current form though, he can't.

I am still sure part of this is the late pre-season meaning players aren't quite sharp yet, hence the improvement second half.

We do need players, but I'm sure if we add a couple and players get their fitness, we will be OK.

But we need to start winning. 7 games with no wins is enough. West Brom should be a routine win for a club and team like ours.

This time it's not, we're going to have to grind it out. But we can win.

Zoowraa   

Fabregas played in that two for the whole first half of last season and was brilliant. So he can play there. On current form though, he can't.

I am still sure part of this is the late pre-season meaning players aren't quite sharp yet, hence the improvement second half.

We do need players, but I'm sure if we add a couple and players get their fitness, we will be OK.

But we need to start winning. 7 games with no wins is enough. West Brom should be a routine win for a club and team like ours.

This time it's not, we're going to have to grind it out. But we can win.

Things evolve. Just because it was not a problem first half of last season,don't mean it isn't now. It's called the opposition working it out, coupled with his own personal form probably taking a dip too.

To be honest, a few highlighted it could be a problem even during the great start last season. You look at the pace and fluidity of the Arsenal midfield and it makes you realise why Wenger was probably not interested in taking back a player who has played a hell of a lot of football in the last 10/11 years. He was not athletic in his youth.

None of this is to say he is not great at what he does well, because he clearly is.

Indeed... by then (at this rate and with this squad) we'll be so off the pace for the title that the knock-out stages of the CL will be all we'll have left to play for!