• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Official: Pedro Signs For Chelsea

Willian has never truly convinced me if I'm honest, I hoping Pedro can offer a bigger threat from the right. At the very least there is more real competition for places.

At last, someone on the other flank so that Hazard doesn't get double/triple marked all the time. If Cesc can find his passing boots again then we should be OK now with (hopefully) a left back at left back and a right back at right back!

We've been crying out for some speed, guile, directness and (hopefully) goals from the right.

This looking better for us. It will also lift spirits at the club both on the pitch and of it. As Bob above mentioned, proper left back, proper right back, a winger down each flank and suddenly we looked nicely balanced.

GURJ SS   

I think even some of us who think Pedro is a quality player, have still not realised what a top top quality signing we have made. Stats wise he has done fantastic for Barca, considering he hasn't been a starter. He will inject pace, skill, flair, and all without compromising on the defensive side of our tactics.

Wait and see this one.

Barca does not let anyone out, unless they want them out or they are not too bothered.

We are still short in CM department. We need more stability in this area, one Fabregas can't contribute enough. Unfortunately we need at least Half-a-Lampard type of player Now, to score or cover/be a constant threat, read the game, for Fabregas to really Shine. Matic just isn't it. With that and Hazard, pace of Willain, Ramires, Baba, and Now Pedro and if possible a fit Costa, we will demolish any side in the world.

One good CM. One step behind.

Edited by earthshine

Good signing. Pedro is a better scorer than Willian (though I like Willian as a player) and will give us more variety in attack.

Yeah it's Matic who's the problem not the guy next to him who hasn't had a big impact in any big game since we've signed him.

I immediately thought of Fabregas' assist over the top for Costa (2-0 v Arsenal) when I read this post. :p

downtown   

He's not really very battle worn is he? Didn't figure all too much all too often at Barca so we aren't buying some "knackered old, Rooney type, been run into the ground since he was 4" player.

I cannot fathom some people's trail of thought sometimes. Must be bloody horrible always looking at the glass being half empty. ****, what if he doesn't realise cars drive on the opposite side of the road over here and he's hit by a bus on his way home from training tonight? Then we're really f*cked.

IMO a 4 year deal for a 28 year old will come and bite us in the behind once he touches 30 no matter how Pedro performs in the interim especially for a winger. That's my take on it. Feel free to feel differently.

Calm down, Eeyore.

Absurdly good deal; this guy would be going for nearer double the money if sold by any other club. Perfect fit for how we aspire to play.

Go as far as to say that, pound for pound, this is the best signing anyone in the top 4 has made this season.

Pipe down Piglet.

• 01 Szczesny

• 21 Chambers Booked

04 Mertesacker

06 Koscielny Booked

03 Gibbs

20 Flamini

11 Özil

10 Wilshere (Rosicky - 83' )

19 Cazorla (Oxlade-Chamberlain - 69' )

17 Sánchez (Podolski - 79' )

23 Welbeck Booked

Reckon I could do a job against that midfield tbh.