• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Crystal Palace 2

I don't think Baba is going to get a start until the COC 3rd round. I just get a sense that this is the way Jose is going to deal with him.

Sadly I think you're right.

I'd have expected us to have more faith in a £20m player, especially as Ivan seems unable to defend against anything.

1) To be honest Fabregas has never been good defensively even when when we defended well as a team.

2) Fabregas is not the problem here.

1) Correct, but when we had structure and defended as a team, it really didn't matter. And, he was the same at both Barca and Arsenal. To us, he was a luxury we could afford.

2) If you put a player next to Fabregas who actually sits and holds, then no he's not. However, if you put that same player next to Matic, then he wouldn't be a problem either.

I don't think José will ever do it, but I'd like to see Oscar next to Matic and Cesc in the #10.

Maybe they've tried it in training and it doesn't work, but Oscar seems to have all the attributes to play there

paulw66   

Sadly I think you're right.

I'd have expected us to have more faith in a £20m player, especially as Ivan seems unable to defend against anything.

Same with Luis last year and he was an experienced pro.

That said, who knows. I heard he wasn't available for West Brom due to international clearance not coming through.

shivesh   

Pedro's inclusion in the squad will definitely help Chelsea in the season to defend title. It will be interesting to watch out how Cahill, Hazard and Ivanovic play against Crystal Palace. Very exciting for the match to begin.

Sarin   

Pedro's inclusion in the squad will definitely help Chelsea in the season to defend title. It will be interesting to watch out how Cahill, Hazard and Ivanovic play against Crystal Palace. Very exciting for the match to begin.

Congrats on the first post. Welcome to the forum.

Holymoly   

Courtois

Azpilicueta

Stones

Zouma

Raman

Pogba

Matic

Pedro

Fabregas

Hazard

Costa

paulw66   

Courtois

Azpilicueta

Stones

Zouma

Raman

Pogba

Matic

Pedro

Fabregas

Hazard

Costa

You heard it here first!

There will be goals.

Palace, for all the attacking options they have, are equally porous in midfield. Cabaye is similar to Fabregas in that sense; both excellent on the ball and can put in a tackle, but not really defensive minded or suited to a 2 man midfield. Can envision a back and forth game with lots of open space and counter attacks galore. Would seem like a game made for Costa and I wouldn't be surprised if he's heavily involved.

Need to win this in order to go into the international break with a bit of momentum.

Holymoly   

Need to win this in order to go into the international break with a bit of momentum.

Need to win this in order to avoid the inevitable **** storm in the media of "Jose's lost it, he's finished, bybe bye Jose, etc etc"