• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Crystal Palace 2

Looking forward to the inevitable press headlines as, having been subbed off and red-carded in successive weeks, JT is ejected from the ground for no apparent reason

There will be goals.

Palace, for all the attacking options they have, are equally porous in midfield. Cabaye is similar to Fabregas in that sense; both excellent on the ball and can put in a tackle, but not really defensive minded or suited to a 2 man midfield. Can envision a back and forth game with lots of open space and counter attacks galore. Would seem like a game made for Costa and I wouldn't be surprised if he's heavily involved.

Need to win this in order to go into the international break with a bit of momentum.

Really worried about Palace pacey wingers. I'd definitely "rest" Ivanovic for this one.

Courtois; Azpilicueta, Zouma, Cahill, Baba Rahman; Fabregas, Matic; Pedro, Willian, Hazard; Costa

Courtois

Azpilicueta

Stones

Zouma

Raman

Pogba

Matic

Pedro

Fabregas

Hazard

Costa

Looks a bit predictable Holy. Couldn't you spice it up a bit?

courtois

azpi zouma GC baba

matic oscar/rambo/mikel

pedro oscar/willian hazard

costa

cesc and iva need to be benched and the tag of being "undroppables" should be removed from them.

CP is not an easy team to play against. they are brilliant on counters and cesc's defensive liability can cost us.

kev61   
Not certain if Baba has impressed Jose enough.

What?,on the training ground?.Pedro never had the chance to impress.he was thrown in there because we were in 'need' in that position.we are also in 'need'( and needs must)in the right back position.I have been a big fan of Ivan and his dedication to the cause for a long time - but his positional abilities are nothing short of shocking at the moment.he is another babayaro - but with a slight attacking option.

The thing that sticks in my craw is, players need to impress on the training ground?.most people here have played at some sort of level.remember the guy that graced the training ground but was shite match day?.conversely the guy who didn't impress in training but produced match days?.

We need to try baba at left back and Dave at right back.Then we need to address the dysfunctional midfield.

Courtois

Cesar Azpi

Cahill

Zouma

Rahman

Matic

Fabregas

Pedro

Willian

Hazard

Costa

Subs: Asmir Begovic, Ivan, Ramires, Moses, Remy, Falcao

From watching the TOCWS training report earlier, worth noting that Oscar was out there training with the rest of the first team squad, so it would appear that he's available for Palace.

Boni   

1) Correct, but when we had structure and defended as a team, it really didn't matter. And, he was the same at both Barca and Arsenal. To us, he was a luxury we could afford.

2) If you put a player next to Fabregas who actually sits and holds, then no he's not. However, if you put that same player next to Matic, then he wouldn't be a problem either.

1. Agree 100%

2. I do not disagree either. However, Matic's defensive ability is not as good as it was last season. My point is that if Matic gains back his form then this wouldn't be an issue. In this case we could get someone who "sits and holds" as a direct competition to Matic (I don't have any names). Although I would prefer that Matic gets back to full form instead.