• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Crystal Palace 2

Vinod   

Not certain if Baba has impressed Jose enough.

What?,on the training ground?.Pedro never had the chance to impress.he was thrown in there because we were in 'need' in that position.we are also in 'need'( and needs must)in the right back position.I have been a big fan of Ivan and his dedication to the cause for a long time - but his positional abilities are nothing short of shocking at the moment.he is another babayaro - but with a slight attacking option.

The thing that sticks in my craw is, players need to impress on the training ground?.most people here have played at some sort of level.remember the guy that graced the training ground but was shite match day?.conversely the guy who didn't impress in training but produced match days?.

We need to try baba at left back and Dave at right back.Then we need to address the dysfunctional midfield.

Baba situation : Unproven fullback (Baba) vs proven full back (Azpi)

Pedro situation: Super proven wide forward (Pedro) vs Unproven forward (Traore/ Kennedy) vs Striker asked to play wide (Remy) vs less talented less proven winger (Moses) vs injured proven player (Oscar)

Doesnt take a Mourinho to figure whom to play

Boni   

If Oscar is back from injury then I would prefer him in the #10 role ahead of Willian because:

-Oscar offers goal threat. He would've buried the chance Willian missed with ease. He has a much better technique than Willian.

- Oscar seems to play very well with Fabregas. The way they interchange and the way they move the ball when they play together.

- Like Willian, Oscar is a workhorse.

I'm not taking anything away from Willian. He's a brilliant player. I just feel that with Hazard, Oscar+Pedro we would score more goals.

Baba situation : Unproven fullback (Baba) vs proven full back (Azpi)

Pedro situation: Super proven wide forward (Pedro) vs Unproven forward (Traore/ Kennedy) vs Striker asked to play wide (Remy) vs less talented less proven winger (Moses) vs injured proven player (Oscar)

Doesnt take a Mourinho to figure whom to play

the point is not azpi vs baba.

the point is who is a better right back between azpi vs iva.

and which of the 2 pairings would provide us better cover - iva-azpi or azpi-baba.

at this moment, iva vs bolasie/zaha/puncheon would give fans a nightmare.

If Oscar is back from injury then I would prefer him in the #10 role ahead of Willian because:

-Oscar offers goal threat. He would've buried the chance Willian missed with ease. He has a much better technique than Willian.

- Oscar seems to play very well with Fabregas. The way they interchange and the way they move the ball when they play together.

I'm not taking anything away from Willian. He's a brilliant player. I just feel that with Hazard, Oscar+Pedro we would score more goals.

I would want oscar to start as a DLP this game, in the cesc role.

defensively he is much better than cesc. in the couplt of games under benitez, he showed that he has the positioning.

he might not have cesc's class and vision but I think he would be a good player in that position, while keeping willian at no.10 and giving cesc time to think about his recent performance and motivate him.

Boni   

I would want oscar to start as a DLP this game, in the cesc role.

defensively he is much better than cesc. in the couplt of games under benitez, he showed that he has the positioning.

he might not have cesc's class and vision but I think he would be a good player in that position, while keeping willian at no.10 and giving cesc time to think about his recent performance and motivate him.

That sounds good in theory but Jose is not about to drop Cesc. We have to live with that reality at least for now

xCELERYx   

False perception really. While yes, they do interchange, this actually causes more bad than good because both actually end up in advanced positions along with Matic, essentially providing no defensive structure and coverage for the back line. They need to stay in their respective positions and be more disciplined, as does Matic - who often causes his own poor positioning by being too eager to press opponents higher up the pitch than he realistically should. When he does that, and you have both the CM/AMC in more advanced areas, trouble strikes. Keep in mind this applies to anyone that is playing in those 3 midfield roles, not just Cesc, Oscar and Matic. Though, two of those three are regular fixtures.

That sounds good in theory but Jose is not about to drop Cesc. We have to live with that reality at least for now

True. just hope that the rigidity does not end up hurting us.

Boni   

False perception really. While yes, they do interchange, this actually causes more bad than good because both actually end up in advanced positions along with Matic, essentially providing no defensive structure and coverage for the back line. They need to stay in their respective positions and be more disciplined, as does Matic - who often causes his own poor positioning by being too eager to press opponents higher up the pitch than he realistically should. When he does that, and you have both the CM/AMC in more advanced areas, trouble strikes. Keep in mind this applies to anyone that is playing in those 3 midfield roles, not just Cesc, Oscar and Matic. Though, two of those three are regular fixtures.

I see what you mean. However, that still doesn't justify why we shouldn't go with Oscar. I think we would still experience the same problem you are raising even if we go with Willian, don't you think?

xCELERYx   

I see what you mean. However, that still doesn't justify why we shouldn't go with Oscar. I think we would still experience the same problem you are raising even if we go with Willian, don't you think?

I didn't say we shouldn't go with Oscar, all I did was address the interchanging part you brought up, which I applied to everybody. It's a positional and instructional issue, not so much a player one (at this point anyway). As long as Matic stays back and doesn't look to press players that are outside of a close proximity, and the other CM next to him remains deeper too, again, not pressing too high up the pitch, then whoever plays those positions won't be too much of an issue. It then allows the front players more freedom to interchange, which really, those are the only who should have that licence. When you bring the CM's into the equation it causes a greater chance of players being caught out of position due and a loss of team shape. That's something we need to be addressing asap.

Oscar being healthy would be big for us in this game. It would allow Jose to send a message to cesc by starting Oscar over him. Palace has some pacey wingers would really like to see Baba in this one, drop Iva he hasn't been able to defend at all so far.

Courtois

Dave Cahill Zouma Baba

Matic Oscar

Pedro Willian Hazard

Costa