• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harvz

If We Sign Paul Pogba I'll...

Harvz   

So a bit of fun.

Rather than sit here and presume to spend Roman's money on what will probably be a British transfer fee record, I'm going to put my money where my mouth is in the form of a pledge.

If we sign Paul Pogba this transfer window, I'll buy the three new kits, home, away and third, and print his name on the back of all three (because we know that's where the real margin is). I'll post the photo here for proof, along with the invoice so you can be sure its not a Patpong special.

Anyone up for matching this? If a million or so of us do this it could probably pay for Mr. Pogba outright ;)

Ham   

.... Buy the black away shirt* and print "champions 16" on the back.

* Already got the home shirt and the white one is vile.

I haven't bought a shirt since 2012 but was going to buy this year's one since I can actually afford it this season....if Pogba signs I'll probably end up buying the full kit and get his name on it

So a bit of fun.

[sNIP] If a million or so of us do this it could probably pay for Mr. Pogba outright ;)

I know this thread is in jest, but there are some who, whenever we get linked with a high-profile player (Neymar and Cavani spring to mind in the past) post that it will help with shirt sales, with the inference being that the shirt sales alone will pay for that player in the long run.

Even a million Pogba shirts (bought from official suppliers) wouldn't be enough! Given how many knock-off shirts I've seen in the Far East being worn by local fans, don't think for one minute that the club could buy a player on future shirt sales alone.

A few years old, but suggested reading for some... http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2012/7/30/3201349/how-much-are-shirt-sales-really-worth

The day I posted about the Italian fella who said we had bid 120m euro's, I told both my boys I would buy them Pogba away and 3rd kits the day he signs!

Of course, like their home kits, they have to have those little gold badges on the arm that says CHAMPIONS on them, so all in I'll be looking at nearly £400.