• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sunny1217

New chelsea formation

Our team is struggling right now, so why can't we change the formation to 3-4-3?

1348525_Chelsea.jpg

Ramires and Willian can play rwb and lwb . Matic and Fabregas box-to-box midfielders (although I am still little bit skeptical regarding Fabregas' defensive ability). We should be able to adapt to 3-4-3 formation with a lineup such as this, or we could replace Fabregas with Loftus-Cheek .

What do people think about this formation - would it work with the players we have, or is there a better alternative?

433 I'd never go 3 at back don't believe in it

Not without players experienced at playing FB out wide.

But generally I see the problem with this set up is that our 2 most mobile players who should be playing CM are out wide and all the central work is being done by our two slowest players. And none of the front 3 look like they'll be helping out.

(I tried out footballuser.com to make a similar picture - pain in the Highburys. You have to type all the names in, and if you put someone in the wrong place I can't work out how to correct that)

But I like the idea - anyone know of a better app to make these pictures?

^Thanks but are there none which already have the club squad names to choose from rather than having to type them myself? Is this a market niche opportunity here?

Lampen   

I'm all for change and that. But the 3-4-3 formation is absolutely not the answer. It leaves alot of space on the sides which oppos winger will prosper in. Esp in a league thats so known for its active wing play it will be suicide.

the 3-4-3 formation suits leagues and opponents that frequently uses a 4-4-2 diamond. Not in a league which plays alot of 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1/4-3-3.

exactly look at how liverpool faired with 3 centrebacks, almost as bad as us, our squad is set up to play 4231 yet really the players within our squad are more suited to a 433, it would allow us to sure up the midfield and give pedro and hazard more licence to create in my opinion.

For me oscar isn't a number 10 in the traditional sense I see him more as an out and out attacking minded centre midfielder, he has the workrate and guile to do a good job in a 3 and take some of the burden off fabregas (who has been terrible so far) youd get the best out of ramires in a 3 as well as the runner and lastly how much easier would it be to integrate rlc next to 2 established players and not just the 1?

It makes to much sense to revert back to 433 in my mind and surely its a matter of when not if.

A change of formation is not the answer IMO. Implementing a change in formation is something that should be done in preseason when you've got the luxury of time to work out the problems.

We have to find a way to get key players functioning at the levels they are capable of and produced last season. Players like Costa, Hazard, Fabregas, Matic, Ivanovic, Cahill and even someone as good as Terry have been downright awful.

Thats roughly half the side! Maybe its because the season finished so early for us last season and then the players had a long holidays and very short preseason that theyve simple let themselves go. Whatever it is - we need them to wake up.

I'd suggest that Mourinho should change the approach to a proper park the bus setup and focus on churning out a series of 1 - 0 wins rather than anything else.

I'd drop Fabregas and play Ramires alongside Mikel/Matic and instruct them to sit deep. I'd keep Oscar in there with Willian on the right as well and instruct the both of them to drop back defensively a lot.

Sciatika   

LIke others here, I am not keen on 3 at the back despite the fact that its often the norm when we have the ball. If a back goes forward, the other back stays deep. If they both go forward, the DM drops deeper. However, in defence 3 at the back is a bit of a no no because the defence gets easily overrun. Prefer 433, 4231 and 442diamond. The last is under-used, imo. I could easily imagine that as:

---------------Begovic

Zouma---Cahill---Terry----Azpi

-------------Mikel

--Pedro-------------Hazard

-------------Oscar

--------Costa---Remy

with all sorts of options - Willian for Pedro or Oscar, RLC or Matic for MIkel, Traore for Hazard or Pedro, Fabregas for Oscar and so on.

However, in defence 3 at the back is a bit of a no no because the defence gets easily overrun.

I'd suggest that the defense is being overrun already with the current system. Could it really get any worse?