• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harvz

Chelsea 1 Liverpool 3

xCELERYx   

Would still prefer to see Baba at LB and keeping Ramires in midfield. Don't see the point in playing yet another player out of position, more so one that has barely filled the role to begin with. We'll play with the same 4231 as we usually do, because of this I'd like to see either Kenedy or Traore get a start and Oscar pushed to the bench.

-----Mikel------Ramires

Kenedy*---Hazard---Willian

----------Costa**

*Traore.

** If fit.

I think playing with Kenedy or Traore on the wing provides us with some much needed directness amongst all the tippy tappy fluffing about, plus neither are afraid to shoot. Also frees Hazard to play central which he did against Stoke at times and looked dangerous.

The games against this lot (when there's something riding on it) seem to take a pattern irrespective of recent form. Big build up media blows up Liverpools arse and over eggs our weaknesses which means we all go into the match a little apprehensive. They come out all pumped up and play above their usual level and either nick a 1-0 as we can't hit a barn door or we huff and puff a bit before winning fairly comfortably 2-0.

On that basis expect a 3-3 thriller after being 3-1 up

paulw66   

Would still prefer to see Baba at LB and keeping Ramires in midfield. Don't see the point in playing yet another player out of position, more so one that has barely filled the role to begin with. We'll play with the same 4231 as we usually do, because of this I'd like to see either Kenedy or Traore get a start and Oscar pushed to the bench.

-----Mikel------Ramires

Kenedy*---Hazard---Willian

----------Costa**

*Traore.

** If fit.

I think playing with Kenedy or Traore on the wing provides us with some much needed directness amongst all the tippy tappy fluffing about, plus neither are afraid to shoot. Also frees Hazard to play central which he did against Stoke at times and looked dangerous.

If any player is currently untouchable, it is Willian.

xCELERYx   

Definitely, have expressed how important he is for awhile. This season he's stepped it up a notch further unlike everyone else.

Yes and no.

Mostly yes of course. But last season he always to be just a little bit short as a cutting edge - never quite getting around the FB, or not quite getting his shot on target.

This season none of our players are doing that so his work rate stands out.

Yes his freekicks have been terrific but he still doesn't go around the FB and put a decent cross it much.

Yes and no.

Mostly yes of course. But last season he always to be just a little bit short as a cutting edge - never quite getting around the FB, or not quite getting his shot on target.

This season none of our players are doing that so his work rate stands out.

Yes his freekicks have been terrific but he still doesn't go around the FB and put a decent cross it much.

That's because he spends the entire game drifting inside. I think Willian has been terrific, but it speaks volumes about the others that our most effective attacking player has 2 league goals.

xCELERYx   

That's because he spends the entire game drifting inside. I think Willian has been terrific, but it speaks volumes about the others that our most effective attacking player has 2 league goals.

Stands out even more when we've been dreadful scoring from open play. On the other hand, one cannot be all too surprised when you look and see that only Pedro achieves over 2 shots per game.

I have just taken a look after the last few games and Oscar has now pushed himself to 2 shots a game also and Costa remains at 1.9 a game. Makes for disgusting reading, but also highlights just how terrible we are going forward at times and creating chances for our attackers.

GURJ SS   

Would still prefer to see Baba at LB and keeping Ramires in midfield. Don't see the point in playing yet another player out of position, more so one that has barely filled the role to begin with.

In that case I would like to see Zouma at right back rather than Rahman at left back. To be fair to the lad it isn't his fault he isn't a good defender, he came from a team where he got away with it. But personally I think there are better more solid left backs out there who are just as good going forward. While I won't say he is a dud signing, he isn't a starter and doesn't look like he could be. But we will probably stick with him due to the fact that we will lose money.

xCELERYx   

In that case I would like to see Zouma at right back rather than Rahman at left back. To be fair to the lad it isn't his fault he isn't a good defender, he came from a team where he got away with it. But personally I think there are better more solid left backs out there who are just as good going forward. While I won't say he is a dud signing, he isn't a starter and doesn't look like he could be. But we will probably stick with him due to the fact that we will lose money.

I think Baba has improved with each game, he did some good defensive work against Stoke; though did show his inexperience also. Zouma is alright when the opposition don't have quick tricky wide players. When sides do he'll be targeted and his positioning for a fullback is sketchy, while his cumbersome technique on the ball will be exposed when pressed more. Would still prefer a natural player there, even if it means a step down in individual quality.

Baba can be a solid player, but I think he needs to be given the freedom to be an attacking fullback. He'll struggle if he's contained and being forced to be super defensive instead. If he can hurt teams going forward it will help make opposition wide players track back and pin them back a bit more. Similar to what sides do with us.

How about Aspi comes back in at RB, Zouma moves back to CB, and we play Cahill as the striker? This is based on his goal last week where he looked more like a striker than Costa/Remy/Falcao have this season. LOL