• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harvz

Chelsea 1 Liverpool 3

How about Aspi comes back in at RB, Zouma moves back to CB, and we play Cahill as the striker? This is based on his goal last week where he looked more like a striker than Costa/Remy/Falcao have this season. LOL

Well he does seem rather cultured in his striking of the ball! See midweek and his Spurs away goal being two of the many examples.

paulw66   

Well he does seem rather cultured in his striking of the ball! See midweek and his Spurs away goal being two of the many examples.

PSG last year at home too

Rob B   

Cor what a bloody awful press conference that was... I know most of them aren't exactly brilliant but it's the same old questions being rehashed every single week....Eva, Opposing Manager, Roman, FA, Hazard.

You'd think one of them may have the insight to ask about tactics, condition of the players after 120 mins Wednesday,

Bringing back Cesc / Matic vs staying with Mikel / Ramires etc

Absolute tosh.

Sea foot   

Exactly. You've got Jose there in front of you and you know what he will and will not talk about and you still ask the banal questions. I have no writing skills at all yet I could do so much more than that bunch of non-entities.

Cor what a bloody awful press conference that was... I know most of them aren't exactly brilliant but it's the same old questions being rehashed every single week....Eva, Opposing Manager, Roman, FA, Hazard.

You'd think one of them may have the insight to ask about tactics, condition of the players after 120 mins Wednesday,

Bringing back Cesc / Matic vs staying with Mikel / Ramires etc

Absolute tosh.

Exactly. You've got Jose there in front of you and you know what he will and will not talk about and you still ask the banal questions. I have no writing skills at all yet I could do so much more than that bunch of non-entities.

But sadly, that's the modern approach to Football journalism , no tactical analysis and everything ramped up to resemble Eastenders on grass.

Would be interested to see Traore but at the moment, we can't drop Willian or Ramires. Oscar has a good impact too and Hazard had a good game mid-week. I'd probably opt for:

Begovic

Azpilicueta - Zouma - Terry - Baba

Mikel - Ramires

Willian - Oscar - Hazard

Costa

GURJ SS   

I think Baba has improved with each game, he did some good defensive work against Stoke; though did show his inexperience also. Zouma is alright when the opposition don't have quick tricky wide players. When sides do he'll be targeted and his positioning for a fullback is sketchy, while his cumbersome technique on the ball will be exposed when pressed more. Would still prefer a natural player there, even if it means a step down in individual quality.

Baba can be a solid player, but I think he needs to be given the freedom to be an attacking fullback. He'll struggle if he's contained and being forced to be super defensive instead. If he can hurt teams going forward it will help make opposition wide players track back and pin them back a bit more. Similar to what sides do with us.

I hope Rahman gets better and better soon too, he does have very good attributes, but he is lacking in defending. Maybe Jose sees a young Cole in him, and wants to develop his defensive game, but the biggest challenge Rahman will have is getting physical. Cole wasn't big but he put himself about and never lost out in a physical battle, he knew how to use his body and didn't mind using it either. For me in the time I've watched Rahman he doesn't seem like a fighter or a battler, but more a light footed player.

I agree with your assessment as to why people commit full backs against us, but this is what frustrates me about players like Hazard not being given a free licence. In the past when we had Robben and Duff, teams would be scared to commit full backs foward because our wingers stayed further up the pitch and our central players dropped to defend, now we have a number 10 who holds a high position(especially when Fabregas plays) and our wingers drop far too deep to be able to hit a team on a counter and be deadly the majority of the times. I would prefer to have full backs that can push other teams wide men back, but they have to be very good defenders too. Rahman has a lot of work to do, hopefully he comes good.

paulw66   

Would be interested to see Traore but at the moment, we can't drop Willian or Ramires. Oscar has a good impact too and Hazard had a good game mid-week. I'd probably opt for:

Begovic

Azpilicueta - Zouma - Terry - Baba

Mikel - Ramires

Willian - Oscar - Hazard

Costa

I can't imagine a scenario where Fabregas and Matic sit this one out.

cam4blue   

I think it will be:

Begovic
Zouma- Cahill - Terry - Azpilicueta
Mikel - Ramires
Willian - Fabregas - Hazard
Costa
Not what I'd do. But there you go.