• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harvz

Chelsea 1 Liverpool 3

^ Not a bad call, but I have a funny feeling about this one: what if Diego is still crocked? I cannot see Remy making much of an impression of what is looking horribly like a more organised Scouse defence (mind you, that's like saying we're worse than last year - can't see hope the Scouse defence could have got much worse without recruiting the currently unemployed - and don't listen, Jose, I'm just kidding - Titus Bramble). So who does that leave? Lofty looked hopelessly lost against Villa. And any hopes of Falcao have now fully disappeared into the proverbial puff of smoke. Must admit I rather liked the look of Kenedy and Traore at Stoke, but I guess that's wishful thinking. Having watched Didier run a full 90 and score late last night with the Montreal, I do wonder why we didn't keep him on the books "just in case". So here comes Remy ...

Midfield gives me a problem, too. Were I Willie, I'd probably be close to saying "why do I bother?" and packing it in, so it's probably good that I'm crap at footie. Despite the plauds of others after the last match, Eden still looks a bit dozy to me: can do better. As can Fabregas ... don't suppose SFL would pop back to give him a few lessons? And good to see Mikel looking more the ticket and Ramires coming back to form (bloody hell, never thought you'd hear me say that - symptoms of an impending fit of depression).

And please don't get me started on the defense. Wonder what Thibaut is thinking about? (Athletico, probably). Certainly not a fan of Cahill as the new JT. Not in a million years.

Ah well, it's been a s**t week, and I'm sure it'll all turn out better than anticipated. Have to leave early to get to the Finborough in time for more than a swift half and a Kitkat, thanks to that bloody silly kick-off time. It's OK for the locals, but those of us who live in rural bliss have to endure all the joys that the Chiltern line can afford, followed by the inevitable delays on the District line. Still, on the bright side, it's always good to wind up the Scum and anyway, we'll be able to drown the inevitable sorrows - or celebrate in wild and unexpected gratitude - while watching the antipodeans kick five kinds of s**t out of each other at Twickers after the match, so it can't all be bad.

Parting thought before I shut down the PC, Cellino has agreed to sell his share in Leeds to Leeds Fans United. No chance we could have a whip round, outbid them and liquidate it?

Well it's D- Day chaps (and chapesess). It's also a full moon and Halloween. The Dippers will be after blood and who can blame them. Klopp has the air of a mad scientist waiting to pull the switch on a dead and broken Liverpool team before exclaiming "it lives it lives!!". It is our job to hit them over the head with a shovel and kick them back into their grave. I am predicting we will outplay, out sing and out score them by a clear two goals. If this happens the Kitkats will be on me 'cause we will go above them in the league.

Our cruel luck and our horror season has to turn at some point. I couldn't think of a better moment than now for it to happen.

Spooky how it always seems to come down to Liverpool.

3-1 to Chelsea.

Rob B   

Begovic, Zouma, Cahill, Terry, Azpil, Ramires, Mikel, Hazard, Oscar, Willian, Costa.

Exactly the team I would have picked, well done Jose. Although if I'm being uber-picky, would have been nice to have seen Traore on the bench after midweek

Harvz   

Hate Liverpool with a passion. I've been avoiding thinking too much about our bleeping blip, but if we lose this one I'm going to be furious. I'll take a draw. Should really be expecting a win. Get it done Jose.

Our cruel luck and our horror season has to turn at some point. I couldn't think of a better moment than now for it to happen.

I'll hold you to that.

To the offer of the kitkat, that is. Never could handle mobiles

Begovic, Zouma, Cahill, Terry, Azpil, Ramires, Mikel, Hazard, Oscar, Willian, Costa.

Exactly the team I would have picked, well done Jose. Although if I'm being uber-picky, would have been nice to have seen Traore on the bench after midweek

That seems to be the team for now, with the single option of Fabregas for Oscar.

The actual team news started by saying Matic was partnered with Mikel which bothered me for a while.

Zouma does not seem like a long term solution at RB, so my guess is that he is a temporary fill-in till ivanovic returns.

An important game, and my guess is that we will not commit too much unless we go behind. A draw is bearable, a loss is much worse.

Apparently Oscar wide left and Hazard central.

Good team today. Like it. Fabregas finally dropped and Matic on bench. About time. Though wish RLC was more involved.

This is a massive game, and the perfect game to restart our season.

Come on Jose & up the Blues!

Begovic; Zouma, Cahill, Terry ©, Azpilicueta; Mikel, Ramires; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Diego Costa

Subs: Amelia, Baba, Matic, Fabregas, Kenedy, Remy, Falcao