• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaviesCFC

RIP Bobby Campbell

RIP Bobby. He came to us at a time when we were demoralised, disorganised and in total disarray. For me he came too late to save us from relegation, but he took us back up again by winning the old Second Division title with 99 points, and we also scored loads of goals that campaign as well. We had a good 1989-90 campaign under him as well, topping the table one point before fading away, but finishing a then creditable 5th place on our return. He signed the club's first million pound players (Andy Townsend and Dennis Wise), but he left at the end of a mediocre 1990-91 campaign.

RIP Bobby Campbell.

Bobby Campbell's side that got promoted from division two is one of my favourite all time Chelsea teams. It was my second season of going to Chelsea with my Dad (as a football mad 13 year old) and I had just witnessed Chelsea's relegation the season before. School was not fun. After a dodgy start where we did not win a game for 6 matches (the shed was closed During this time as punishment for violence the season before) we went on a run that would see us win the league with a record points total and hammering many a side. Dad and I had attended every home game and we had won something, I did not care that it was division two, it did not matter, we were champions and school was ok again.

Thanks Bobby for the memories, I cherish them still, RIP.