• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 0 Bournemouth 1

We've had two perfectly good goals disallowed this season. Against City and West Ham. Both of those goals put a very different perspective on the game too.

I've said this before in this thread; as many borderline, game-changing decisions went against us in this match alone as have gone for us all season.

You can say it's just luck. maybe it is. It is entirely possible that "these runs just happen". But to deny it is happening at all is, at best, blinkered.

And no, it is not the only reason for where we are in the league, before another genius claims that anyone is saying that.

Other teams have goals disallowed. If we were any bloody good they wouldn't matter. That is something that some people just don't want to hear, but in my view it's the truth.

I don't deny it. It's just not a smokescreen, that's all.

Not quite sure what you are expecting. You highlight one line and rant about it, completely ignoring the reasoning behind it. Is that the way you analyze football games as well?

I wasn't expecting anything really. If I spot a line or sentence that reflects someones opinion and I comment on it especially if I think it's silly. I don't feel the need to go through the whole post commenting on every point (unless I disagree with something else you said that I thought was equally daft).

The rest of the post seemed to be about what we were doing wrong on the pitch and how bad Costa was etc. You may well be a tactical guru and your analysis may have hit the nail right on the head so no probs in that respect. However I have read an awful lot of peoples opinions on whats going wrong with our tactics and players and it's starting to wash over me a bit.

The point you made that bemused me was that the main route to success was to score more goals to counteract the many bad decisions we are getting from the refs. No shiit Sherlock! Sorry for the sarcasm but come on! The thing is, I'm not sure this team is suddenly going to turn into a goal machine. I don't think we are a million miles away though. If we keep making small improvements and little steps forward and gain more confidence we will get there eventually. However if we keep being shat on by refs, as we have all season, it's demoralising and frustrating for the players. Any progress can be easily thwarted by lousy decisions that cost us games and points.

Refs can and do influence results in good ways and in bad ways. At the moment (and for some time) it is affecting us in a bad way. If some people out there can't see it I can only speculate at the reasons. Strange though isn't it that CL refs uninfluenced by the FA or hysterical British media seem so balanced and even-handed compared to PL refs and consequently our results have reflected that. And if we score more goals than all our next opponents.... we will end up Champions of Europe!!!

I'm not in the 'pro-Jose' or 'anti-Jose' camp. I'm in the 'pro-Chelsea' camp. It's not about individuals.

Jose is our best ever manager. He's one of, if not the, best in the world. I'm right behind him, and if I could actually afford to get to games, I'd cheer him every game.

But he's not immune from criticism, and nor should he be. Our CL form right now is excellent, and pretty consistent. Our domestic form is relegation form - one point a game. I'm not prepared to risk relegation, especially not with a squad which won the league last year. It's not acceptable.

Ultimately I want what's best for Chelsea - and ideally, that would be Jose staying and getting us out of this domestic hole we find ourselves in - starting now, not in January or February. Winning four, five, six games in a row. Not one game and then a draw and then a defeat. Winning is what matters now, and consistently winning.

He's had four months to turn it around already, which is longer most managers at any club would get on this form. Bottom line, he turns this around in the next two months, and we start climbing the table, or we stay 2 points off relegation, at which point he gives the board no choice.

Jose has the quality to turn this around. He loves our club, he's one of us. I want him desperately to turn it around, and frankly, don't understand how he hasn't already. Performances overall have improved in the last few weeks, and there are faint signs he is starting to turn it around. We're creating chances and we're more solid at the back than we were in August/September.

Most of us want Jose here, including me. Jose wants to stay here - but domestic results have to change at some point. Jose is a quality manager, and he should turn this around. The signs are there. Hopefully things will change. Dropping Fabregas last night was a start. Needs to stay out the team, and TBH wouldn't be against him leaving in the summer. He slows us down, and isn't creating anything. Playing Ramires there gives us more solidity, and if we want to be more attacking from that position, we have Loftus-Cheek.

Hopefully, last night was a genuine turnaround, not another false dawn we've had two or three of already this season. We'll see next week against Leicester. A win there would be a great result, and real confidence booster. We really need to win too, in our position. I say, play a largely unchanged team, after last nights performance. We get way enough rest before then anyway.

No-one said it was "all about refs".

There are a lot of factors. Some (me included) think refs are one of them.

Hope that clears it up for you. because you seem very worked up.

[/qu

No-one said it was "all about refs".

There are a lot of factors. Some (me included) think refs are one of them.

Hope that clears it up for you. because you seem very worked up.

My post wasn't directed at you but you seemed worked up in your response. The jist which eluded you is we are only 2pts clear of relegation and 17pts away from first due to self inflicted wounds more so than ref errors. That is a fact. The refs do not pick the players for Jose nor do they dictate which formation or tactics he must employ from week to week. The same ref errors occurred last season but we won the league. This season we are almost in relegation zone. Three constants are bad refereeing, Jose and mostly the same squad. We have had bad calls but the complaints about refs are largely over blown.

cam4blue   

you seemed worked up in your response.

How so?

The jist which eluded you is we are only 2pts clear of relegation and 17pts away from first

That has not eluded me.

The refs do not pick the players for Jose nor do they dictate which formation or tactics he must employ from week to week

I never said they did. No-one said they did. No-one is saying that the only reason we are doing badly is refs. Literally no-one.

That was my point. I literally said that in the post you are replying to.

Perhaps you will notice it now that I am saying it again; especially as I am strenuously attempting to make what I am saying as clear as possible for you.

How so?

That has not eluded me.

I never said they did. No-one said they did. No-one is saying that the only reason we are doing badly is refs. Literally no-one.

That was my point. I literally said that in the post you are replying to.

Perhaps you will notice it now that I am saying it again; especially as I am strenuously attempting to make what I am saying as clear as possible for you.

I never asserted that it was only the refs. You chose to jump on to one line out of two posts as your basis for this argument but it was never the intent of either of my last two posts assuming you read both posts and understood what you read. All the moaning about refs and itemizing each missed decision is way over blown. CFC players and Jose own the lions share of the blame and not the refs. If this is what you are saying then where is the disagreement?

cam4blue   

I never asserted that it was only the refs.

giphy.gif

Do the arguable one or two borderline decisions per game explain why we've struggled against Bornemouth, West Ham, Crystal Palace, Newcastle, Southampton, Everton, West Ham, Stoke City and many others? Forget defending the title, at a minimum, you want to finish top 4 but you consistently struggle and lose against non-top 4 teams even at home, and somehow it's all about the refs.

We've had two perfectly good goals disallowed this season. Against City and West Ham. Both of those goals put a very different perspective on the game too.

I've said this before in this thread; as many borderline, game-changing decisions went against us in this match alone as have gone for us all season.

You can say it's just luck. maybe it is. It is entirely possible that "these runs just happen". But to deny it is happening at all is, at best, blinkered.

Smh. Stick a pacifier in this kids mouth. If it makes you feel better, we also lost today thanks to the refs.