• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Super Didier

Where do we finish?

I thought this would be an interesting and fun topic to have, similar to the title race last season where we posted our upcoming fixtures as well as City's just to compare and estimate how many points we'd pick up over a certain amount of time. This year it's obviously not the title we're aiming for but at best, a top four finish.

I was looking at our fixtures, including tomorrow's, over the next few weeks and we have some easy enough matches coming up:

Bournemouth (h)

Leicester (a)

Sunderland (h)

Watford (h)

United (a)

Crystal Palace (a)

These are the fixtures over the Christmas break with Watford-United coming on the 26th/28th which will be tough. You look at that though and you think wins over Bournemouth, Sunderland, Watford surely and with the possibility of sneaking an away win at Leicester. Not likely but we played well vs Spurs and if a few key passes were made in the final third we could have won so that's what I'm basing our chances on vs Leicester. United then away will be extremely difficult as they don't leave much space and the way our defense and midfield have been playing, we'd probably play and pray for a draw. If we actually did manage to achieve all this and pick up 13/15 heading into Palace you'd assume/hope that confidence would be really good and the players would be up for this one. All in all there is a possibility of getting anywhere from 12-18 pts in that list but I've had to take the extremely positive route here which wasn't easy with the season we've had.

What's bad about the next 4 games is I went on one of those premier league predictor sites, added us up for 12 points from the next 4 and at best, we're seventh- at worst we're 10th. We're 8 points off of Liverpool in 4th (they've got a fairly easy bunch of fixtures themselves). Also in the top 4 are Spurs, United, City. It's a clear and really disappointing sign that winning four games in a row, picking up 16/18 if you count vs Spurs and Norwich would still leave us quite a bit off the top 4 and still only pushing, if barely in there, the top 10. Goes to show that we really can't afford any more major slip ups

Sciatika   

I have a feeling that we will struggle more against Leicester than Man United. Yes, we play the second fixture in two days, but so do they and they are playing Stoke at the Britannia whereas we have Watford at home. If we were only 8 points off 4 place in January, then I would be really happy.

xCELERYx   

Unless there's some significant improvement performance wise, possibly with some additions in January, the top 10 may not happen.

There isn't enough about this side that says to me that we'll find any sort of consistency to string together a solid run of results to push on. Given the strength of the EPL dropping points will be inevitable. Will be made even harder once cup and European games all come in thick and fast on top of the league fixtures.

Need to go on title-winning form and stay there to finish top 4; it's not a matter of faith, I just don't think practically that it's possible. I think results will improve but we'll still wobble and lose games we would have strolled last year right through to May. I'll say 7th.

Blue Rod   

If we carry on our current form we finish below 10th. A win at Spurs would have been he kind of result that not only gets you up, but shows where you belong. No CL football next season for sure.

Honestly speaking, the sooner we give Jose Mourninho the sack the earlier we can start addressing the massive problems we have now - from poor players morale to lack of quality in the squad.

It's all down to the big if- if we can continue our current run, or at some stage go 12 unbeaten or 8 wins on the spin etc etc

We've got some superb players.. it's almost at a tipping point with some of them, are they top notch temporarily out of form, or our they a busted flush?

No ones got a crystal ball.

Heart says 4th, head says 6th

I'm wondering if we are going to have the kind of stop start form all season or whether we are capable of putting a run together. I feel top 4 is too much to expect so 6th or 7th

Sea foot   

I think I would take sixth place at a minimum and be happy with anything better.

I think I would take sixth place at a minimum and be happy with anything better.

If that gives a Europa place, then I'd rather finish 7th and have a truly fresh go at the Prem the next year.