• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

strong centreback

Hiddink appointed as Caretaker (again)

https://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/12/hiddink-appointed-.html

So as we know guus has returned for a second caretaker stint at the club and hopefully will be able to salvage something from this season, personally I think if he can achieve a mid table finish whilst over seeing some youth integration then id be happy, the season league wise should just about getting some meaningful games from the best of our youth system, if you believe the press this is part of his job remit this time round.

Id imagine a couple of new signings will come in january if we can get the targets we want as the rebuild starts this window for the club and I'm sure the board know this.

Personally I think guus will do a good job once again for us and like last time if he does well id be inclined to leave him in charge, especially if as it looks like the club are trying to bring didier Drogba back into the fold on the coaching side of things which I think will be a positive move for the club.

on a side note hopefully in this thread we can keep the bickering about jose out of it and concentrate on things moving forward, onwards and upwards as lets face it we can't get much lower at the moment can we!

xCELERYx   

I'm still somewhat unsure on Guus. On one hand, he knows the club and I envision he'll do a good job to steady the ship. On the other, his track record since he left last time leaves a lot to be desired, so I'm a little mindful of that if it comes down to looking at him as a genuine full time option.

Looking forward to seeing some changes made though.

It sounds to me, that Hiddinks MO is to come in, assess the squad, blood some youngsters and try and finishing as high up as possible while doing those things. It's a pretty thankful position he finds himself in. Almost impossible to fail really.

The assessment of the squad will probably involve informing Roman and the football board who's up for it and who's not. Maybe we will even go after some targets this window? It doesn't really matter whether the new manager is already in place or not, as he's likely to have only a small say in who's bought and who's not.

It will be interesting to see what formation he'll play. I think the football board has determined it should be a fast and direct 4231 as that has been intimated more than once by Jose, so would expect Hiddink to continue in that vein. What will be more interesting than that, is whether he'll try to phase out some of the underperforming "stars" such as JT, Fabregas and Ivanovic and instead focus on the younger options such as Zouma, Loftus-Cheek and Baba Rahman/Aina.

If he's doing a decent job for us, we might as well give him another twelve months in a rolling basis to see where it takes us instead of fooling ourselves we should find another "long-term" option out there.

I was reading an article by a Dutch journo who said that Guus is a people person and focuses on creating a comfortable environment for the players, which in turn will hopefully produce their best performances.

Let's hope it works. I think Guus will do okay. He's very experienced. Look this season is a write off, so we just have to concentrate on finishing as high as we can while having one eye on next season (where we will win the title).

...I still think we will win the CL this year though :P #comeonchelsea #alltheway

Lampen   

In my opinion we played our highest level of football ever under Guus the last time. If he manage to even get close to that I think we will get far in the cl and maybe clinch top 4. In other words I'm full of hope!

cii99mn1   

In my opinion we played our highest level of football ever under Guus the last time. If he manage to even get close to that I think we will get far in the cl and maybe clinch top 4. In other words I'm full of hope!

Agree that we played some great football under him last time and I was very impressed with him. But look at the players we had then and what we have now. Not really comparable.

Another risk if we start chasing the top four is that we might have to forget about playing the kids. I wonder what the directive is from the board? Get top four at all costs or focus more on the cups or getting one or two of the kids into the team? Can't have it all.

GURJ SS   

I would rather have a mid table finish with young players being given a chance than going after silverware. I would start by giving RLC a real chance, call back Bamford and start using Traore and Kenedy more.

What baffles me about Traore is how Jose said he was a fantastic talent, then he just goes missing. As much as Pedro is a good player, signing him clearly had a negative effect on both Traore and Kenedy in terms of chances.

Galol   

Never believe anything Jose says about young players. His past managerial record shows he isn't fond of youth and has no record unearthing/developing young talent.

Anyways, I think we can finish 4th if we put together a string of good performances along with results. This has been weird season with the favorites faltering and with Leicester City as a serious contender for PL champions.

You don't need to make a wholesale change in the team to give youth a chance. Just give the 2 or 3 most promising youth players more playing time. I think we can incorporate one of Kennedy, Traore or RLC into the starting lineup without sacrificing quality and then give the other two more first team chances.

I'm mightily confused now.

If Hiddink "Plays the kids" and we get relegated, will he be a great manager or not?