Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bob Singleton

Notifications

7 posts in this topic

I see that in this new version I can't "toggle off" certain types of notifications, such as emails. Why?
If I don't want to receive emails telling me about stuff I'm not interested in, then surely the decision should be mine and not that of the admins of this forum! I get enough spam as it is without CFCnet forums adding to it!

3 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

I see that in this new version I can't "toggle off" certain types of notifications, such as emails. Why?
If I don't want to receive emails telling me about stuff I'm not interested in, then surely the decision should be mine and not that of the admins of this forum! I get enough spam as it is without CFCnet forums adding to it!

Of course Bob, it could just be a glitch with the new system, and not the decision of the 'admins' to make your life more difficult - just for the record, it's happening to me as well.

It's not a glitch but an admin decision, as can be seen from the attached screen grab. Some of the choices are greyed out and can't be changed other than by admins.

Screen Shot 2016-01-20 at 10.31.29.png

11 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

It's not a glitch but an admin decision, as can be seen from the attached screen grab. Some of the choices are greyed out and can't be changed other than by admins.

Actually Bob, you're wrong. The designated Admins on here (i.e., me, Harvz etc.) have had absolutely nothing to do with any of this. The decisions/modifications, etc., (for what they are) have been made by the tech people who look after the site - maybe/maybe not, in conjunction with the owner - we (the admins) didn't know anything was about to happen, never mind the detail, irrespective of what might show on your screenshot. So if you want to be pissed off with anyone - choose your target(s) better. 

49 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Actually Bob, you're wrong. The designated Admins on here (I.e., me, Harvz etc.) have had absolutely nothing to do with any of this. The decisions/modifications, etc., (for what they are) have been made by the tech people who look after the site - maybe/maybe not, in conjunction with the owner - we (the admins) didn't know anything was about to happen, never mind the detail, irrespective of what might show on your screenshot. So if you want to be pissed off with anyone - choose your target(s) better. 

As the screenshot shows it says "the administrator has disabled this option... "
Under your name, it says "Administrator"
My apologies for not realising an administrator isn't an administrator! ;-)

2 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

As the screenshot shows it says "the administrator has disabled this option... "
Under your name, it says "Administrator"
My apologies for not realising an administrator isn't an administrator! ;-)

You're being deliberately obtuse, Bob. If that amuses you/makes you happy, then good for you, but I'm done with it.