Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dingus

Intelligent Forum

37 posts in this topic

59 minutes ago, Zoowraa said:

Your right I could. 

Yes, I am. Thanks.

Just thought I'd say thanks to Peter and the team for getting this site back on track. The next page jump is working fine now.

My only (mini) gripe now is that, as I'm using an iPad mini, the small button between the posters avi and the thread name on the new posts page is so close that half the time my pudgy fingers hits either the poster and goes into their profile page or hits the thread name which goes back to the first page. When you hit the back button it disappears and thinks you've read it. Very small problems but I'm liking the newer clean look. And getting rid of those annoying ads at the top is worth any small inconvenience. 

Cheers guys.

Hi there
Thanks for your feedback. I will look into you user problems.

As far as adverts are concerned. Somehow I have to raise £95 per month for the hosting. Hopefully they will help cover some of that cost. (We need a lot more visitors to make that happen at the moment. I have also added a donation widget as well, for the very same reason.

Peter

Good work Peter.

I'm not averse to adverts per se as I understand that his site has to pay its way. But the way it worked before being at the top of the page and "jumping" down after a few seconds and catching a mis-timed click was sooo frustrating. As long as it doesn't affect the usability of the site then fill up with as many ads as you need.

Regards

Ron

On 28/01/2016 at 11:29 AM, Sea foot said:

Just thought I'd say thanks to Peter and the team for getting this site back on track. The next page jump is working fine now.

My only (mini) gripe now is that, as I'm using an iPad mini, the small button between the posters avi and the thread name on the new posts page is so close that half the time my pudgy fingers hits either the poster and goes into their profile page or hits the thread name which goes back to the first page. When you hit the back button it disappears and thinks you've read it. Very small problems but I'm liking the newer clean look. And getting rid of those annoying ads at the top is worth any small inconvenience. 

Cheers guys.

Agreed. It took a little while getting used to it, but I now think its a big improvement. I also sometimes click on the profile page accidentally and I do that with the mouse so I have nothing like your excuse. I worry that people might think I am stalking them :-(

Thanks to everyone concerned.

Question; why are some posts automatically aligned centrally but some not? Noticed a few times when posting that I'll type something out and it will be typed out with a central alignment, but when post has been submitted it will post with the more common left side alignment? Isn't a huge deal but I'd be lying if I said not having all the posts uniform kills me a little from an aesthetic standpoint haha.

Question; why are some posts automatically aligned centrally but some not? Noticed a few times when posting that I'll type something out and it will be typed out with a central alignment, but when post has been submitted it will post with the more common left side alignment? Isn't a huge deal but I'd be lying if I said not having all the posts uniform kills me a little from an aesthetic standpoint haha.