• Current Donation Goals

Ham

Positivity corner

9 hours ago, Ham said:

Net ten points clear.  Thank you Sparky. 

Big result. 10 clear with 11 games to go. Spurs/City will pretty much need to win 11 straight and hope we drop a bunch.

Can sniff it now...

paulw66   
17 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

We need:

7 wins 2 draws and 2 defeats.

Or 8 wins and 3 defeats.

That is to make it mathematically certain, but getting that number of points suggests that City or Spurs are capable of winning 11 straight games. They are not.

24 points from here is mathematical certainty. I reckon 19 / 20 points will be more than enough. 

paulw66   
12 hours ago, Ham said:

Net ten points clear.  Thank you Sparky. 

3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

One of us.

Shall we wait for next Saturday first? :-)

8 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

That is to make it mathematically certain, but getting that number of points suggests that City or Spurs are capable of winning 11 straight games. They are not.

24 points from here is mathematical certainty. I reckon 19 / 20 points will be more than enough. 

I would rather get the 24 points, as I would expect that the Premier League have arranged for Tottenham to play Sunderland 11 times between now and the end of the season.

paulw66   
3 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

I would rather get the 24 points, as I would expect that the Premier League have arranged for Tottenham to play Sunderland 11 times between now and the end of the season.

They still wouldn't win them all. 

Last season a 1-0 lead was a chance to bite the nails down to the quick whilst fearing the worse. This season is so much more assured, the team is being led from the coach and 10 points is a very healthy cushion  that we wont lose. Sit back and enjoy watching the oppo take points from each other.

Sure is a funny old game. Remember the doom and gloom this time last season, Leicester top of the table and us having reached the dizzying heights of 11th or 12th . Now the foxes have sacked Ranieri and are fighting relegation and we have spanked everyone's arse and are ten points clear.

I can taste the title from here and it tastes gooooood!

Jasonb   

So here we are in May, 4 points clear and on paper with an easier run in than our big rivals Spurs.

We also have an FA cup final to look forward to.

Still looking good.

• Like 1