• Current Donation Goals

Ham

Positivity corner

We have qualified for the Champions League. I think I am the only one that noticed, and that was by mistake. If we were Arsenal, we would all be still recovering from the open top bus hangover around now.

1 hour ago, McCreadie said:

We have qualified for the Champions League. I think I am the only one that noticed, and that was by mistake. If we were Arsenal, we would all be still recovering from the open top bus hangover around now.

I think quite a few of us already knew that... the win at Everton guaranteed a top 4 finish and Conte talked about it (how CL qualification had been the club's priority from the start of the season) in his post match press conference.

I am almost pleased that our title rivals are Spurs. They are a rival you can hate, not like Man City. I've never forgotten the 2-2 in 1999. 

Jasonb   

I bet we all hate different clubs for different reasons, one too many close brushes with Millwall fans for me and I disliked the arrogance of Arsenal fans when I was supporting home and away in the 90's. We always used to beat Spurs then.

The Marshmen from the Olympic Stadium for me, was surrounded by kids supporting them at school and they always had this bully boy attitude at matches. Am not fond of Spurs either and then there's the old enemy from Yorkshire...plenty of rivals without Sky manufacturing ones like Liverpool or United

For me Liverpool, the team, the press, the fans.

Its difficult when you watch games these days fantasy football and natural dislikes of teams and personalities means you want them all to lose for some reason which obviously can't happen.

Want to see Pep fail as he is vastly overrated and getting found out, want to see Wenger squirm as he is too arrogant, want to see Jose fail as now he is selling himself to utd fans I can't stomach his hypocrisy and Liverpool to fail for any reason you care to choose as for Spurs, I am quite happy with them so long as they continue to come up short

I have always had the thought that as I am from London I should always cut the other London teams a bit of slack and be happier when they are doing OK so long as its not upsetting us. Guess it goes back to the days of listening to big games on the radio.

Its so close, we can almost taste it......2 wins this week, rest a few players and then bully Arsenal (again) at Wembley.

This must be the quote of the week for me:

"Before Sunday's game against Southampton, current Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp and ex-boss Brendan Rodgers had identical Premier League records after their first 65 games in charge of the Reds: W33 D18 L14 (117 points).

We know Klopp drew his 66th game against Southampton.

How did Brendan do?

He won his."

Jeez, I knew Herr Klopp was poor, but that poor? Apparently.

paulw66   
17 minutes ago, blue moon said:

This must be the quote of the week for me:

"Before Sunday's game against Southampton, current Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp and ex-boss Brendan Rodgers had identical Premier League records after their first 65 games in charge of the Reds: W33 D18 L14 (117 points).

We know Klopp drew his 66th game against Southampton.

How did Brendan do?

He won his."

Jeez, I knew Herr Klopp was poor, but that poor? Apparently.

Rodgers didn't have a bad record at Liverpool. Suarez almost won him the league, then of course they dropped off after he left. 

Sea foot   

Hmmm. A bit quiet in here.

I turned the transfer thread upside down and found this place. 

I find myself looking forward to the rest of the season. The squad isn't the best but it ain't that bad. I'm tipping us to be fighting for the top two places in the league. 

What say you?

C'mon you Blues!

I pretty happy with how things turned out ,we could probably make a case for a few players more but that can be rectified when the bite is on in January perhaps.

We've played three games , won two including one away at last seasons nearest rivals and showed superhuman desire to turn the result around in the second half of the game we lost  and although short in actual numbers , it could easily be argued that in terms of quality and fit we are much stronger now than we were last year.

And we have one of , if not the best coach in the league.

Happy days.