• Current Donation Goals

Ham

Positivity corner

Complete disaster - we do not learn.

5 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

And we have one of , if not the best coach in the league.

Lets just hope that lasts then.

Ham   
14 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Complete disaster - we do not learn.

Lets just hope that lasts then.

Is this your understanding of positivity?

Sciatika   

I think we did OK. My main disappointment was over Chalobah and Ake. I assume they pushed for a move away presumably to get playing time. That suggests to me that they don't think they are ready to compete with the incumbents. Maybe they are right. Maybe I so much want our kids to do well, I think they are better than they are. Hopefully, they will develop with experience and we will have first dibs on them if/when they move on.

I think Morata, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Zappacosta and Rudiger are all good signings that address some of the issues. I never expect get everything I want. On those that did not join, some decided not to move on (or their clubs would not let them go) and some found what they were looking for elsewhere. Each to his own. I was not convinced by Oxlade-Chamberlain as a candidate. I can see him as a backup RWB/LWB but he couldn't get get games in Arsenal's midfield so he had no chance in ours. Same goes for Barkley (assuming he ever gets fit). Both players think they are better than they are. Actually, I am not sure Ox will play in CM for Liverpool either. Maybe he just preferred to go to Liverpool. Getting in Llorente would, imo, have meant that Michy would have been demoted to third choice. In that event, as Eden Hazard said, he would probably have had to go elsewhere. I would prefer Michy over Llorente. Younger player and I believe he is underrated as a talent. However, he needs to work on his decision making (like all young players). Overall, I think with these signings we will be challenging for top four and not far off the title. I expect we will get to the knockout phase in the CL. After that, who knows. Its a glorified cup competition.

Edited by Sciatika

In keeping with the theme of the thread, I think we've signed some quality players and have certainly increased the standard of the squad in certain areas.

CB's: We have 5 very good options here. More than enough to rotate and hopefully cover for injuries. There's good quality and versatility and we should be very happy with what we have.

WB's: Again, being positive, we've added a proper option that we didn't have last season. Zappacosta basically replaces Aina in the squad and immediately becomes a viable option. He may be the most important addition to the squad. 

CM'S: 4 proper options here that I'm very happy with. I think we could use a combination of any of the 4 that would work and could even provide us the option of moving to the 3-5-2 on a more regular basis. The engine room is strong.

AM's: As you were, really. Musonda replaces RLC as the token academy option. Would have liked another properly usable option here.

ST's: Morata replaces Costa and otherwise it's as you were. I still have faith in Michy and I think Conte has no other option but to trust the Belgian due to a lack of alternatives. Think he surprise a few tbh. The lack of a 3rd ST could have been mitigated by an additional AM, but to be fair we were very close to landing Barkely so you can't really blame the board.

All in all, we have a match day squad that looks like this:

Courtois; Azpi, Luiz, Cahill; Moses, Kante, Bakayoko, Alonso; Pedro, Morata, Hazard

Subs: Cabellero, Rudiger, Zappa, Drinkwater, Cesc, Willian, Michy

With the youngsters Christensen (a senior option to be fair), Kenedy, and Musonda on the outside looking in. We have a quality match day squad, full of players Conte can trust and use. Hopefully the 3 on the outside can be somewhat usable and we should be fine till January, after which a couple of pieces can be added. 

I think this may be the most approriate place to post this. Even Oscar makes you smile in the last clips. If that isn't extreme positivity I don't know what is;)!

Some absolute stunning stuff. If you're having a bad day just watch this:)

2016/17

Top 10 matches (all goals)

Top 10 goals

2014/15

Top 10 goals

Ham   

To lift the gloom from the weekend, you know the question if the choice of answers is;

1) Alex

2) Gallas

3) Essien

4) Matic

Which gets your vote?

Sea foot   
3 minutes ago, Ham said:

To lift the gloom from the weekend, you know the question if the choice of answers is;

1) Alex

2) Gallas

3) Essien

4) Matic

Which gets your vote?

Bison every time.

Ham   
3 minutes ago, Sea foot said:

Bison every time.

I would have said the same until Matic 

🥅                         ⚽ 💥🏃

Sciatika   

Essien except for the injures. A broken bison was all too common :-( I think in 4 or 5 years time we may be talking about Bakayoko and/or Kante in the same terms assuming they stay and continue their development. The Kante/Bakayoko double pivot will be the basis of our side for a few years yet, imo. Alex and Gallas were different kinds of player. For me, Matic was sometimes brilliant. I liked the way his first touch was often forward. I like that directness. However, all too often he would drive forward into a gap and then realise that there's no ball at his feet or get the pass wrong leaving us exposed.

Ham   
8 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Essien except for the injures. A broken bison was all too common :-( I think in 4 or 5 years time we may be talking about Bakayoko and/or Kante in the same terms assuming they stay and continue their development. The Kante/Bakayoko double pivot will be the basis of our side for a few years yet, imo. Alex and Gallas were different kinds of player. For me, Matic was sometimes brilliant. I liked the way his first touch was often forward. I like that directness. However, all too often he would drive forward into a gap and then realise that there's no ball at his feet or get the pass wrong leaving us exposed.

The question isn't "who is the better player?"

Think again Sciatika.

What's the connection?