• Current Donation Goals

Ham

Positivity corner

xCELERYx   
11 hours ago, Ham said:

Erm....... I've got nothing. 

Anyone? 

Conte's still manager, for me that's a positive when considering the alternative option/s. 

Slim pickings otherwise. 

3 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Conte's still manager, for me that's a positive when considering the alternative option/s. 

Slim pickings otherwise. 

Conte coming back would be disaster now.  Too much has gone unsaid.

15 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Conte coming back would be disaster now.  Too much has gone unsaid.

Everything has gone unsaid from the club's perspective , perhaps they have nothing to say ?

25 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Everything has gone unsaid from the club's perspective , perhaps they have nothing to say ?

Imagine being RLC's Mum, he goes off to Russia, plays twice, and his manager does not say a word.  A bit off that.

Not sure about the authenticity of this but on Twitter according to Sky that Conte has signed a new two year deal?

20 minutes ago, Phoenix Blue said:

Not sure about the authenticity of this but on Twitter according to Sky that Conte has signed a new two year deal?

If it's not announced on the official club web site, I would suggest discounting anything you read anywhere else

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

If it's not announced on the official club web site, I would suggest discounting anything you read anywhere else

You are right Bob, think it was just another fake twitter comment.

Holymoly   

Does anyone feel the way I do? I just feel the heart has been ripped out of the club over the last few years. Managers aside, all the long term players we had previously taken for granted that gave the club its identity have moved on and there is no-one left who looks a "permanent fixture". Even the back room staff that gave a degree of continuity seem to be turning over. I suppose we were very lucky over the last 10 years or so but I am left with a feeling that the club has just become a brand with interchangeable parts rather than the "family" that I have supported over the last 50 years.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Does anyone feel the way I do? I just feel the heart has been ripped out of the club over the last few years.

We went from being a permanent top club from 2003-10 when we outspent everyone and renewed every year to a cycle club, where we can't afford to be on top all the time, just build teams, get them to perform and then restart again.  The only reason we failed to notice is because we lucked our way to the 2012 CL having unlucked our way in not winning it over 2004-10 (luck is critical in the CL, though so is grit and a belief in oneselves that can come from a long period of success).

We are just entering a new cycle.  The last 5 years were great.