• Current Donation Goals

Ham

Positivity corner

chara   

I love this forum!!!,,,,

Positivity?....last night because the choices latish evening on tv were either politics..unfunny comedy..(maybe one and the same!)

or Superbowl madness..even though being in Colorado I am rooting for the Broncos I don't need to follow wall to wall superbowl...

So...I somehow watched a "friendly" International between USA and Canada...the positivety?

With all the protest about Chelsea and sh''tte  football I really thought I was watching one of those obscure cup ties between lower league opposition that sneak on tv sometimes...it looked like a game from maybe the 60's and highlighted just how far the game has progressed over here...be grateful that we can watch a real game every week.......

GURJ SS   

Many positives, we showed that last year's team is just under the surface of this crazy season we are having. At one point we had 93% possession over a 10min period, in which Man Utd was trying to counter us but we had them pinned back; and it wasn't by choice for Man Utd but simply because they were forced to do nothing but sit and watch us take them apart.

Yes we looked off pace, especially in the first half and we looked like a draw was what we set out to achieve, but Man Utd scoring actually set a chain reaction off in our team.

It's easy to say we should be playing better, but form will come, we saw something today that we haven't seen from every player on the pitch in a long time, they didn't want to give in and actually wanted to fight. Even Mikel went forward in attack, and to be honest he was very impressive(regardless of what people think of him, he certainly wasn't negative in the last 10mins), or he was just making sure his unbeaten record under Guus continues.

Nobody can say that our players didn't respond, yes it's a shame that they put themselves in that position, but for the first time they genuinely looked like champions; if this game had taken us to the top of the table everyone would have been going crazy over how well we responded.

Yes it's difficult to see positives regarding our league position and the way we started the game, but the way we ended it will have given our players a huge lift and also given Guus some faith in knowing that this team can attack with venom, meaning he will be able to take more risks.

xCELERYx   

The one positive I do like is that even though we aren't playing overly well at all is that we're still managing to pick up points and grind something out. That was severely lacking earlier in the season and we largely just rolled over and looked lost. 

On 2/6/2016 at 11:36 PM, chara said:

Of all the managers over the last few years I doubt that there is anyone here who begrudges Ranieri his success this year... for all our troubles the sheer karma of it all must have most of us smiling and certainly it is as positive a thing for here and the game.

yep as it looks a little unlikely we will win it so I hope Ranieri does, hard done by by us

Positivity

• Guus record with us, we are no longer losing
  • Diego making headlines for right reasons
  • Man Utd imploding
  • Pep struggling in a league where he actually has competition
  • Remaining at the bridge
  • JT's continued commitment, despite contract talk .....Captain, leader, legend

Ham   
1 hour ago, chiswickblue said:

When Matic isn't on the field we look like a fairly decent premierleague team.

I'm not entirely sure this counts as genuine positivity. Yellow card.

;-)