Holymoly

Next Chelsea Captain

208 posts in this topic

Fabregas would be my preference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/09/2016 at 1:50 PM, Mark Kelly said:

I'd give it to nobody.

Nobody's earned it.

37 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Fabregas would be my preference.

This made me chuckle a little this morning :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Hugh Jars 99 said:

This made me chuckle a little this morning :)

 

Us girls are allowed to change our minds aren't we ? 

Anyway , that was ages ago ;-) .

A week is a long time in football.

Edited by Mark Kelly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

Us girls are allowed to change our minds aren't we ? 

 

Absolutely and I meant nothing sinister by highlighting it. It just tickled me; so vehement around the Arsenal/Liverpool blip to making Fab a shoe-in after we were crowned champions. I enjoyed the posts as they quite wonderfully highlight how fickle we all are, I'm not nitpicking at all Mark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, zaffo said:

Does Conte stick with Cahill?

Of course.

3 hours ago, zaffo said:

Does he appoint someone new?

Why on earth would he do that?

3 hours ago, zaffo said:

Who do people want to see?

It's irrelevant.  It'll be Cahill, as indeed it should be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It'll be Cahill, but the vice captain choice will be interesting. For me VC options are Azpi, Luiz and Fabregas - personally I'd go with Azpi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see Fabregas getting the VC role. We're getting a few 'leaders' together in the group again now, with Luiz, Azpi even Hazard (capt. of Belgium) which we've been lacking since the days of Cech, JT, Frank, Drogs etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DaviesCFC said:

I'd like to see Fabregas getting the VC role. We're getting a few 'leaders' together in the group again now, with Luiz, Azpi even Hazard (capt. of Belgium) which we've been lacking since the days of Cech, JT, Frank, Drogs etc.

So would I, though mostly because I am clutching at straws for any evidence that he'll be starting more regularly next year.

Funny how things have changed between Chelsea fans and Fab4 over the past 10 years (Robben hasn't aged a day in that time!)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Cahill should be captain and then either Dave or Luiz for VC. For me if Cesc gets it, it is tokenism, since he is a squad player these days. Tbh Cahill only gets it because he is English, I can actually see him losing his place next season if Dave does not move to RWB. 

Edited by Conte Kante

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Conte Kante said:

Cahill should be captain and then either Dave or Luiz for VC. For me if Cesc gets it, it is tokenism, since he is a squad player these days. Tbh Cahill only gets it because he is English, I can actually see him losing his place next season if Dave does not move to RWB. 

Tokenism??
Token Spaniard?  Token FA trained?  Token World final winning player?  Token beard?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now