• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Antonio Conte

Wasn't sure where to put this, but just read the following article on chelseafc.com with the following quote from Conte;

"‘In every game I have to make the best decision for the team. Against Huddersfield we won 3-1 and I think I made the best decision. It was the same against Southampton. We have won every game I started with Hazard, Pedro and Willian. It was the same last season."

Seems like he plans to use a front three of Hazard, Pedro and Willian as his back-up plan when Morata is out injured/suspended. It also seems like he hasn't abondoned the 343 completely and if Willian continues his sharp rise in form, then I can't see how he wouldn't continue with the 343 from last season. 

Imo our best starting XI is;

Courtois; Azpilicueta, Christensen, Cahill; Moses, Fabregas, Kanté, Alonso; Willian, Morata, Hazard

This is a fantastic starting point which makes it even more baffling we eff it up all the time. With this as a base together with Rüdiger, Luiz, Zappacosta, Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Caballero and Pedro - we are 4-5 players away from having a fantastic squad. Imagine;

GK: Courtois, Caballero, GK3 (HG)

CB: Azpilicueta, Christensen (HG), Cahill (HG*), Rüdiger, Luiz, Ampadu (U-21)

RWB: Moses (HG*), Zappacosta

LWB: LWB1, Alonso

CM: Kanté, Fabregas (HG*), Bakayoko, Drinkwater (HG*)

AM: Hazard, AM2, Willian, Pedro, AM5, Loftus-Cheek (HG)

S: Morata, S2, Abraham (HG)

Sandro, a top class AM and a PL class AM topped up with a very good striker. 

58 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Wasn't sure where to put this, but just read the following article on chelseafc.com with the following quote from Conte;

Seems like he plans to use a front three of Hazard, Pedro and Willian as his back-up plan when Morata is out injured/suspended. It also seems like he hasn't abondoned the 343 completely and if Willian continues his sharp rise in form, then I can't see how he wouldn't continue with the 343 from last season. 

Courtois; Azpilicueta, Christensen, Cahill; Moses, Fabregas, Kanté, Alonso; Willian, Morata, Hazard

This is a fantastic starting point which makes it even more baffling we eff it up all the time. With this as a base together with Rüdiger, Luiz, Zappacosta, Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Caballero and Pedro - we are 4-5 players away from having a fantastic squad. Imagine;

I've been a big critic of our transfer dealings under Conte and I think as a squad we have gone backwards but maybe there was no choice in the matter and we will see some creative, attacking talent in the next couple of windows.

If we add what you suggest we will have a very good squad. I just don't hold much hope of it happening. At the moment we are so lopsided it's unreal and will need to throw a lot of money at it to get it right. The players are there and available.  Ozil,  Sanchez, Draxler, Mahrez, Belotti are all probably gettable. It's just wether we will spend the money needed to bring them in.

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Agreed, although I would be tempted to put Rudiger or Luiz ahead of Cahill, but splitting hairs. 

37 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

I've been a big critic of our transfer dealings under Conte and I think as a squad we have gone backwards but maybe there was no choice in the matter and we will see some creative, attacking talent in the next couple of windows.

If we add what you suggest we will have a very good squad. I just don't hold much hope of it happening. At the moment we are so lopsided it's unreal and will need to throw a lot of money at it to get it right. The players are there and available.  Ozil,  Sanchez, Draxler, Mahrez, Belotti are all probably gettable. It's just wether we will spend the money needed to bring them in.

Would argue Ozil and Sanchez are not gettable as thier moves have already been done. I would add Lemar to the list, along with Zaha who seems to be getting better and better. 

3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Would argue Ozil and Sanchez are not gettable as thier moves have already been done. I would add Lemar to the list, along with Zaha who seems to be getting better and better. 

Yes, your almost certainty right, let's just hope we were the one's to get either or both done.

Would take Zaha for sure, seems to have really improved.

There's definitely people about though and probably available if we are prepared to spend the money.

It'd be amazing if Ozil wasn't going to United and Sanchez to City , those two are done deals imho. I am certain that should we pay what Juventus want for Sandro then City will out bid us just to stop us improving , I think we should be going all out to get Zaha and Mahrez who'd both add something plus I've been impressed immensely by Richarlison at Watford too , raw but a high ceiling.

5 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

But the FFP is a joke yes. But one has to ask why Roman isn't pulling the same trick City's owners are doing? 

FFP is designed to protect the Status Quo from interlopers like City.  Roman got Chelsea on the inside long ago.  He has paid the entrance price.  Of course he wants FFP to stay.

16 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

FFP is designed to protect the Status Quo from interlopers like City.  Roman got Chelsea on the inside long ago.  He has paid the entrance price.  Of course he wants FFP to stay.

Although that wasn't the question I asked, I agree he wants FFP to stay. 

But why doesn't he do what City's owners are doing? Why doesn't he make up fake sponsorships etc? 

Sciatika   

Maybe he figures that spending hundreds of millions on a stadium is enough of a commitment. Maybe, he thinks there is a point where continuing to pay these sums pushes the bounds of morality. Maybe, he thinks that by spending these sums he is simply encouraging a spiral. I am not sure I can argue against any of that.

Edited by Sciatika

4 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Although that wasn't the question I asked, I agree he wants FFP to stay. 

But why doesn't he do what City's owners are doing? Why doesn't he make up fake sponsorships etc? 

Because I don't think RA wants to fund transfers himself full stop.  Within FFP or outside it.  And why should he?  He'd given the club more than enough impluse to make it self funding.

The stadium is different, it is a an investment project with a stated return - though if recent estimates of revised cost get confirmed he might well baulk at that.

On 21/12/2017 at 8:18 AM, Sleeping Dave said:

Re: your best starting XI Dave. Basically I like it with the exception of the CM. Starting Cesc with just 1 other, even when it's Kante, has been shown not to work I think.