• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Antonio Conte

Holymoly   
45 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Absolutely.  But my team leaves a balanced set of subs.  Yours leaves a lot of unused defenders.  The squad is overweight CBs and DMs, either way, and mostly overweight Luiz.

What's the point of a "balanced set of subs" if the 11 on the pitch were selected by a moron?

3 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

What's the point of a "balanced set of subs" if the 11 on the pitch were selected by a moron?

If all you want to do is sling out insults there are much better sites for that.

Holymoly   

It wasn't directed at you Droy but at the kind of person who would select such a starting 11. I'm sorry you think it a valid formation.

11 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

It wasn't directed at you Droy but at the kind of person who would select such a starting 11. I'm sorry you think it a valid formation.

Then you missed the point - it was meant as only a minor exaggeration along the trend we have been going in - what do you do if you start with a team that has Matic and Kante in and then add a 3rd CB.  You end up with a 7 man defence - which of course isn't a valid formation, just the direction we are headed under Conte - and the direction which is being loudly applauded on this site.  And it is not just surreal humour, it really is the direction the squad has taken this summer.  

CB + DM + Chalobah added, 1 CF + Moses added, 3 CFs removed. LB for LB.  

Actually it isn't even a minor exaggeration.  People really are suggesting we will do that.

paulw66   
38 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Then you missed the point - it was meant as only a minor exaggeration along the trend we have been going in - what do you do if you start with a team that has Matic and Kante in and then add a 3rd CB.  You end up with a 7 man defence - which of course isn't a valid formation, just the direction we are headed under Conte - and the direction which is being loudly applauded on this site.  And it is not just surreal humour, it really is the direction the squad has taken this summer.  

CB + DM + Chalobah added, 1 CF + Moses added, 3 CFs removed. LB for LB.  

Actually it isn't even a minor exaggeration.  People really are suggesting we will do that.

Conte has used a 3-5-2 where the two wing backs are effectively wingers. 

3 centre halves, three CMs, two wingers, 2 strikers 

19 hours ago, Zoowraa said:

You just don't get it do you. At least have a basic understanding of how the club is run.

Please enlighten me. Imo the club is run by a bunch of amateurs who have no idea what they are doing. If you are happy, great. But please don't patronise me.

Scooba   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

^Your missing the point too.  I'm not talking about what a sensible formation would be - just the formation this transfer window points towards.

We had done 60% of our transfer business before the first prem games. And we have used what is pretty much 4-2-3-1 (4-1-4-1 you could argue) in all of them. Signing 2 much needed defenders that can fit into that formation isn't about to change all that. 

Scooba   
1 hour ago, Patnevinswedge said:

Please enlighten me. Imo the club is run by a bunch of amateurs who have no idea what they are doing. If you are happy, great. But please don't patronise me.

Conte says hi. 

Starting line up from April 2014  - interesting to see how many of the remaining eight from the photo start against Swansea

2014.JPG

Edited by RobertoftheGiz