• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Antonio Conte Appointed As New Manager

24 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Why, what have you read that is laughable? not seen anything?

I'm guessing that the reference was to the stupid media nonsense about Conte being homesick and Inter are his escape route back to Italy in the summer. 

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/772575/Antonio-Conte-wants-to-leave-Chelsea-Club-begin-negoatiaitons-to-take-boss-back-to-Italy

There are other links to this rubbish.

StebzAno   

Other reports say he is on the verge of a new contract until 2020, some say a 'monster new contract'... and that he is planning to open a restaurant in London.  There's always a top manager is about to leave headline at some point.

Holymoly   

I would have to bloody homesick for his monumental salary not to take the edge off even slightly. I could see why Klopp might start claiming a yearning to return to the fatherland but then he has to live in and around Liverpool.

Be ready for many attempts at unsettling stories led by utd and LFC journos right up to the point when we can no longer be caught. The same journos will then claim credit for stories earlier in the season when they spoke positively about us. Its the press we love to hate.

People who grew up as Chelsea supporters, on the back of the Roman era, are still not yet old enough to make their mark in the press, when they are the tide will turn a bit.

1 hour ago, exiledblue said:

People who grew up as Chelsea supporters, on the back of the Roman era, are still not yet old enough to make their mark in the press, when they are the tide will turn a bit.

Perhaps.  But the press is dominated by those who first worked on the Manchester evening news and Liverpool echo - evening papers which wrote massively on the big local clubs.  There were also more radio jobs available for sports.

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Perhaps.  But the press is dominated by those who first worked on the Manchester evening news and Liverpool echo - evening papers which wrote massively on the big local clubs.  There were also more radio jobs available for sports.

We'll have to wait for Dan Levene to be poached by someone .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, exiledblue said:

Slightly off topic, I remember wondering during the 80s and 90s how few ex-Chelsea players got to be managers.  John Sitton was one of the few I can recall - I wonder how that worked out...

Whereas now pretty much any player who wore the blue can stroll up and get a coaching job.  There are 4 out there in English leagues now, but plenty more in other countries

Jasonb   

I was reading yesterdays evening standard advising that Conte would be here for years and then spotted that his family have not yet come to the UK and he hopes they will come soon.

I didn't realise his family were still in Italy, is it just me or do you think the odds are increasing for a departure after just one season?

xCELERYx   
23 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

I was reading yesterdays evening standard advising that Conte would be here for years and then spotted that his family have not yet come to the UK and he hopes they will come soon.

I didn't realise his family were still in Italy, is it just me or do you think the odds are increasing for a departure after just one season?

Unlikely, certainly not to Inter anyway. Not unless he wants to tarnish his reputation with what he achieved at Juventus as both a player and manager. 

Ham   
34 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

On sky sports yesterday they said his wife and daughter were joining him in the uk in July for the remainder of his contract.