1,470 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Well, they have.........and this is only recent past

David Luiz 

Felipe Luis

Diego Costa

Pedro 

Fabregas

Apart from Costa I'm not sure any of those players were first team regulars when we bought them.

5 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

Apart from Costa I'm not sure any of those players were first team regulars when we bought them.

Number of games played in the season before signing for Chelsea

Felipe Luis  49

David Luiz 40

Pedro 50

Fabregas 55

Edit - not that you mentioned them being "regular" anyway. Previous quote was the top european clubs wont sell to us. Either way, 5 examples of first team regulars being sold to us are there for you. 

Edited by paulw66

I'm confused again. The starting "11" has  only one Englishman (Moses not technically English but) TC apart surely Chelsea acquired the rest from European clubs?

15 hours ago, chara said:

I'm confused again. The starting "11" has  only one Englishman (Moses not technically English but) TC apart surely Chelsea acquired the rest from European clubs?

I think the point was most of our signings come from 2nd tier European clubs.......Marseille, Lillle, Shakthar, Benfica rather than Barca, RM, Bayern etc. I think that is true for most clubs as generally the top clubs dont sell their best players. that's not to say we haven't done business with Europe's top clubs, because we have. 

Paul thanks for correcting my previous point re regular appearances.

Yes we got Luiz from PSG supposedly because they had younger talent coming though that they highly rated.

We got Fabregas from Barcelona though there was a question mark over whether he was effective for 90 minutes a game.

We got Pedro from Barcelona though with Suarez arriving there for him it was doubtful how much playing time he would get.

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 1:20 PM, chara said:

Sorry,forgot Kante (as if one could!!) from Leicester. Understand the thread and not really confused just think it is all a bit academic as what top club willingly sells its top players?

4 hours ago, chara said:

as what top club willingly sells its top players?

Arsenal.

Usually to Man City.