Sir

Official: Antonio Conte Appointed As New Manager

1,591 posts in this topic

On 01/04/2017 at 1:23 AM, Droy was my hero said:

True - that is what happens when people keep repeating stuff like JT and Zouma are not usable because they aren't picked and Kenedy and Traore were usable because they were.  If you can find a respectful way to reply to that I suggest you try for yourself.

Well, JT and Zouma clearly haven't been deemed 'usuable' (by any reasonable measure), exactly because they haven't been used, even when I'm sure that Conte would have liked to give the odd player a break.  And equally clear is that Kenedy and Traore were deemed to be 'usuable' at that time, by their manager, exactly because they were used! - and not just once, either.

Good to hear.

I reckon Conte will spend big this summer. I haven't got the vibe that he is content with the players at his disposal at all this season.

^^^

Yes, I think the contract extension will be contingent on significant investment. Also I think Roman has finally learned that you have to continue to strengthen, even when you're at the top.

Will be a very interesting summer. 

Bravo Antonio even better against Spurs

Can anyone explain what he's talking about in the video link below?  Never saw this side of Conte. Surprisingly very un-Conte like.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Kezza said:

Can anyone explain what he's talking about in the video link below?  Never saw this side of Conte. Surprisingly very un-Conte like.

He's talking about the match fixing. 

He says for 7 months he has been on the front on the papers and Tv programs talking about the match fixing

Says he has never bet in his life. 

Says how could he send out a team in front of 25k people and tell his players to draw. In front of their friends and family

Basically raging against the people questioning his integrity. 

Edited by paulw66

Un uomo appassionato, like many Italians - I work with them quite a lot, but alas my language skills are typically English, and my Italian is limited to musical notation and a quick chorus of "Largo al factotum" in the shower. But agreed, it is a different side to the man we see on the touchline - and did anyone else notice him when sharing a box with RA for the junior cup last week? Again, another side of the man. Presumably we will see more as his language skills develop, and I for one look forward to it.

9 hours ago, blue moon said:

Un uomo appassionato, like many Italians - I work with them quite a lot, but alas my language skills are typically English, and my Italian is limited to musical notation and a quick chorus of "Largo al factotum" in the shower. But agreed, it is a different side to the man we see on the touchline - and did anyone else notice him when sharing a box with RA for the junior cup last week? Again, another side of the man. Presumably we will see more as his language skills develop, and I for one look forward to it.

He looked very Putin-like in that speech and rage. So sharp and non nonsense. I wonder if when his English develops we will see a more aggressive version of Conte. He is capable of it. But at this time he is totally calm and peaceful in front of the press.