• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Antonio Conte Appointed As New Manager

1 minute ago, kev61 said:

OK Michael I will put forward my difference.Conte is the only manager that has moulded a team to win things.Tell me any other manager that has achieved that in our history since Abramovich took charge?

The obvious answer Kev, is that's exactly what Mourinho did first time around. Mate, I know that you don't like him, but credit where it's due: First time around, JM did everything we could've asked for, and probably more.

kev61   
3 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

The obvious answer Kev, is that's exactly what Mourinho did first time around. Mate, I know that you don't like him, but credit where it's due: First time around, JM did everything we could've asked for, and probably more.

Michael the team was already there.Mourhino added a pinch of salt.Conte is  changing a team that has been in the doldrums.

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

Michael the team was already there.

A decent portion of the team was there, yes. But so what?

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

Mourhino added a pinch of salt.

He added - Drogba, Essien, Carvalho, Ferreira, A. Cole, Ballack, Mikel - some 'pinch of salt'!

And although I agree with you that Mourinho's second stint was pretty ordinary and fractious (even acknowledging  the Prem title, of course), player-wise he still brought the likes of Fabregas, Willian, Costa, and Pedro to the club. So again, he still left a pretty decent legacy.

2 hours ago, kev61 said:

Dave you've been  complimentary about Conte because you've had to.How do you and your partner in crime(droy) compare Conte's and Mourhino's  achievements?

Wrong again (an annoying habit with you it seems). 

Complementary and positive about Conte before a ball was kicked. Refused to be critical after our indifferent start. 

You really have no clue. 

3 hours ago, kev61 said:

OK Michael I will put forward my difference.Conte is the only manager that has moulded a team to win things.Tell me any other manager that has achieved that in our history since Abramovich took charge?

Not sure how you can claim that? Jose not only moulded  a team that won things, including our first league title for 50 years, he built a team and a winning mentality that went on to achieve great success long after he left. It was the basis of his team that went on to win the champions league. 

You can argue that some of the players were already there and some that went on to win the champions league were added after he left but to claim he didn't mould or build that team, the most successful in our history, is just absurd.

3 hours ago, kev61 said:

Michael the team was already there.Mourhino added a pinch of salt.Conte is  changing a team that has been in the doldrums.

We won the league two years years ago, as bad as we were last year we were hardly 'in the doldrums'. We were never going to be as bad as last season, it was a freakish season for whatever reason.

Conte has taken over a team that has won more in the last 13 years than any other team in England. Jose took over a team that had not won the league in 50 years.

I get people having a dislike for Jose but some are trying to rewrite history. He is, and quite possibly always will be, our most successful ever manager. Without him we would not be where we are now

5 hours ago, kev61 said:

Martin we were 'never that daft'.Mourhino was sacked at the right time in all instances.We are now seeing lesser teams sacking managers at the drop of the hat.Do you really think Abramovich doesn't see the difference between a manager that doesn't make sense anymore,and a manager that other managers are copying?

Expect a heavy investment by Abramovich next season(it makes sense!)and then watch Mourhino's demise.

Both times sacking Jose was daft. Sacking Ancelotti for finishing second, a year after winning the double, was more than daft. Sacking Di Matteo six months after winning the champions league was absolutely disgraceful, that's before you think about who we replaced him with. There's even a good argument to say that getting rid of Avram Grant when we did was also daft.

Edited by Martin1905

Ham   
On 2017-5-14 at 7:39 PM, Bob Singleton said:

"I hope there is a small flame flickering that can eventually grow into a blazing inferno."

- Daniel Levy 24/11/2014 - Tottenham High Road 

Fixed that for you.

4 hours ago, kev61 said:

I really think you need to go back and check the records.  Count how many players left Chelsea in JM's first 18 months.

xCELERYx   
1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

Both times sacking Jose was daft. Sacking Ancelotti for finishing second, a year after winning the double, was more than daft. Sacking Di Matteo six months after winning the champions league was absolutely disgraceful, that's before you think about who we replaced him with. There's even a good argument to say that getting rid of Avram Grant when we did was also daft.

How was sacking JM second time around daft exactly? We were hovering just above the relegation zone at the time and needed a change We now have Conte, the whole atmosphere around the club has drastically changed and we've won a title. While JM over in Manchester has spend significantly, performed no better than LvG, while creating the standard Mourinho drama that follows him. 

I know which one of those two I prefer....

(Agree that sacking JM first time around was daft, as was Carlo)

Edited by zaffo