Sir

Official: Antonio Conte Appointed As New Manager

1,591 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

I am sure that we have the right man, Kev, and that we'll do what's necessary to keep him at SB for as long as possible. I'm expecting a busy and interesting summer with plenty of ins and outs, and Conte molding the team/squad to his ambition and vision. Personally, I can't wait!

Yep I agree Michael.I think Conte is bursting with his football knowledge,whether it translates to long term success no-one can predict.

7 hours ago, kev61 said:

I got the impression you were having a poke at Conte because you are in love with Mourhino,I could be wrong.

Yes, I can confirm that you are indeed wrong. 

On 18/05/2017 at 0:47 AM, kev61 said:

All I wanted to say.

Thank you very much Kev. Glad you appreciated my post.

11 hours ago, kev61 said:

Do I like that! fantastic!.

Thanks once again Kev. You are indeed a true gent.

18622592_329732817442946_5346495687697697636_n.jpg

On 5/20/2017 at 1:56 AM, Michael Tucker said:

http://www.espnfc.com.au/chelsea/story/3129658/chelsea-boss-antonio-contes-wife-and-daughter-moving-to-England-in-summer

So, once again all the rumours coming out of the great Italian media are proven to be a crock.

I have stopped watching all the many sports channels here, the Italian press need to talk and write as there are so many outlets (100s of newspapers and numerous tv transfer programmes) and it means that every season you read, the pope and his mum are signing for every italian team and then what normally happens is Juve snap up the best talent in Italy and some of the other teams sign some (often ageing) reject from somewhere else.

Posted (edited)

And interesting little read courtesy of Steve Holland.

BURTON-ON-TRENT: The seeds of Chelsea’s Premier League title triumph were sown at the end of their dismal 2015-16 campaign, former assistant coach Steve Holland has revealed.

Incoming manager Antonio Conte’s mid-game switch to a 3-4-3 system during Chelsea’s 3-0 loss at Arsenal last September was widely identified as the pivotal moment in their season.

Holland says discussions about the tactic between himself and Conte began shortly after Chelsea had slid to a disappointing 10th-place finish the previous campaign.

“Antonio said to me at the end of last season: ‘I think the team can play 4-3-3 with wingers wide. I also think they can play 4-4-2 with wingers wide,’” Holland said.

“Then he asked me how often they’d played with three at the back in my time. I said: ‘Never. Chelsea have never played three at the back.’

“He said: ‘I think there is a 3-4-3 there as well with the players we have, but because they’ve never done it before, it’s not going to be the first thing I visit.’“

After starting the season well in a 4-3-3 formation, Chelsea ran aground, drawing 2-2 at Swansea City and losing 2-1 at home to Liverpool, at which point Conte decided it was time to act.

“We won the (first) three games, though the performances weren’t always fantastic,” Holland, now England assistant coach, told reporters at England’s St George’s Park headquarters in Burton-on-Trent.

“Then we had the two games you’re talking about. He decided more or less at half-time of the Arsenal match that we’ve done this, we’ve done that, it’s time for this.

“The rest, as they say, is history.”--AFP

Edited by zaffo

Dont like all these press stories. Time the club backed a manager, particularly such a likable and capable one