• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Antonio Conte Appointed As New Manager

Sciatika   

We have had different teams playing "3 at the back" from time to time in the EPL. For instance, Chelsea used to do it under Hoddle with Gullit as the sweeper. However, I am not sure I have seen it played in a team as well balanced as Conte's 3-4-3 from last term. The formation perfectly suited the personnel avaiable.

Bild in Germany is reporting Chelsea are looking to replace Antonio Conte with Thomas Tuchel, with Marina G having approached him already about taking over, though not been decided when.

I'd normally dismiss this out of hand, but Bild are often quite reliable when it comes to German football.

I sure hope it's not true, would be a crazy decision if it was.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/23/football-transfer-news-rumours-former-dortmund-boss-thomas-tuchel/

Edited by James Prescott

Stim   

Well apparently Marina can't close a deal to save her life so we'll be sticking with Conte

Just now, Stim said:

Well apparently Marina can't close a deal to save her life so we'll be sticking with Conte

Haha, yes. 

Vinod   

I want to say this is a load of crap; but can't be certain. 

27 minutes ago, Vinod said:

I want to say this is a load of crap; but can't be certain. 

I know. Need a statement by the club. 

Tuchel is an excellent coach who could do well here and develop our young players.

But to sack Conte would be total insanity. Conte clearly best man for the job.

Edited by James Prescott

Vinod   
26 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

I know. Need a statement by the club. 

Tuchel is an excellent coach who could do well here and develop our young players.

But to sack Conte would be total insanity. Conte clearly best man for the job.

It's not just that. Tuchel has got extraordinary results from a group of talented players. He is in the league of Klopp and Pochettino. None of the them are serial trophy winners. All of them work under the radar, as it were. They are not under pressure to win trophies. 

Conte is the league of Pep, Jose, Carlo, etc. We need Conte 

James, would you believe such a statement? It would foolish to state that such talks had taken place, achieving nothing positive; and a statement of support would offer no real assurance. I seem to recall the club doing something like this in the past in support of a manager's position, and my first reaction was "oh, he's going then". It's the press. Ignore it.

SS_89   
1 hour ago, James Prescott said:

Bild in Germany is reporting Chelsea are looking to replace Antonio Conte with Thomas Tuchel, with Marina G having approached him already about taking over, though not been decided when.

I'd normally dismiss this out of hand, but Bild are often quite reliable when it comes to German football.

I sure hope it's not true, would be a crazy decision if it was.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/23/football-transfer-news-rumours-former-dortmund-boss-thomas-tuchel/

No Bild is not reliable at all, they are more so with German clubs and players but in terms of Chelsea they have historically been a load of rubbish. It's usual pre transfer deadline silly season as there aren't many actual transfers going on.

15 minutes ago, blue moon said:

James, would you believe such a statement? It would foolish to state that such talks had taken place, achieving nothing positive; and a statement of support would offer no real assurance. I seem to recall the club doing something like this in the past in support of a manager's position, and my first reaction was "oh, he's going then". It's the press. Ignore it.

No, I wouldn't believe it. I pretty much said I hoped it wasn't true. 

Where did you get the idea I thought it was 100% true? I never said that. 

Bild is quite reliable, but I pretty much said this story made no sense. Hence, I believe it's highly unlikely. 

Matt Law (who is pretty well connected at Chelsea) just pretty much confirmed its total bollocks anyway, said there is no succession plan in place for Conte.

Apparently the day Wenger was confirmed to stay at Arsenal a similar story broke linking Tuchel with Arsenal. 

Clearly Bild not reliable when it comes to Tuchel.

Whole thing makes no sense. I don't believe it.