• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Antonio Conte Appointed As New Manager

Ham   

Some on here plus the press make Conte sound like THE most high maintenance coach in history. The slightest thing and he's invariably off. 

On 9/8/2017 at 1:27 PM, Ham said:

Some on here plus the press make Conte sound like THE most high maintenance coach in history. The slightest thing and he's invariably off. 

thats down to the red press who love to see us with problems

Heynckes back to Bayern until the end of the season, which is something I predicted. 

I'm now predicting Conte will be their manager by the beginning of next season. 

Hope I'm wrong but something about that just makes a lot of sense, of course not to us Chelsea fans but in general.

17 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Heynckes back to Bayern until the end of the season, which is something I predicted. 

Hope I'm wrong but something about that just makes a lot of sense, of course not to us Chelsea fans but in general.

I suspect AC Milan, recently bought out by a Chinese consortium, might be the club most determined to get Conte.  

29 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

The DM suggesting Herr Kloppy , as they really want a German coach .

What a salutary lesson if Conte does go , losing your alleged number one target in Guardiola , Mourinho and then Conte to clubs not afraid to back their managers .

I think the best we could hope for would be Poch but we'll probably end up with Tubby.

Sciatika   
17 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I suspect AC Milan, recently bought out by a Chinese consortium, might be the club most determined to get Conte.  

Doubt that Conte would be interested in either Milan clubs. Neiter of my Italian friends (one Milan and one Inter) have good things to say about him - they generally seem to suggest that his success with Juve was luck at best or, more likely, built out of dodgy relationships with referees. People can change their mind, I suppose.

7 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

The DM suggesting Herr Kloppy , as they really want a German coach .

What a salutary lesson if Conte does go , losing your alleged number one target in Guardiola , Mourinho and then Conte to clubs not afraid to back their managers .

I think the best we could hope for would be Poch but we'll probably end up with Tubby.

I may be in a minority, but if we lost Conte (God forbid) then I wouldn't mind CA back. We scored so many goals in the 09-10 season.

18 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

We did very well with JM. and very well with Conte so far.  The club shows no sign of wanting to give the keys to the building to the coach, so congratulations on what their choices so far.  We have shown no indication of wanting a fund a big splurge on staff and players, so if someone wants to treble his salary what else can we do but pick another good one (and dump them quick like AVB or Scolari if they don't work out).

2003 to 2005 was a short period when we were willing to outbid the biggest clubs for players or coaches.  It stopped soon after - just once we got inside the group of big clubs and no longer wanted to rock the status quo.  Like punk rockers we always wanted to join the club not overturn the world.

9 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

I may be in a minority, but if we lost Conte (God forbid) then I wouldn't mind CA back. We scored so many goals in the 09-10 season.

No thanks.  And the decline in 10/11 was inexcusable.

6 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

We did very well with JM. and very well with Conte so far.  The club shows no sign of wanting to give the keys to the building to the coach, so congratulations on what their choices so far.  We have shown no indication of wanting a fund a big splurge on staff and players, so if someone wants to treble his salary what else can we do but pick another good one (and dump them quick like AVB or Scolari if they don't work out).

2003 to 2005 was a short period when we were willing to outbid the biggest clubs for players or coaches.  It stopped soon after - just once we got inside the group of big clubs and no longer wanted to rock the status quo.  Like punk rockers we always wanted to join the club not overturn the world.

No thanks.  And the decline in 10/11 was inexcusable.

To a degree I'm with you , we have a proven model of employing decent coaches and winning trophies and much as I like JM there must have been an element of ," blimey , how many more players is this bloke going to move on barely tested " , I just think that we could have supported "the good ones" just that little bit more in the transfer market , imho we're still a few short and we're still putting all our eggs into a Hazard shaped basket , whilst the big two Manc clubs are really going for it , and I know we cannot compete financially but we're in credit at the moment!

It just feels like every year we just fall short and could really push on if it we weren't penny pinching.

Regarding Carlo , thanks but no thanks .

10 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

there must have been an element of ," blimey , how many more players is this bloke going to move on barely tested "

I doubt it.  Players like Willian, Hazard, Costa, Oscar, Azpi, Cahill, Luiz twice, Zouma. Pedro, Courtois have all been brought into the first team very successfully, and a lot of rejects - Marin, Cuadrado, Schurrle (who I thought was great but hasn't proven JM wrong) have been the right rejects.  Losing one or two is inevitable.  

Who have we lost?  Lukaku - we got rid of Torres and brought in Costa and Drogba mk2.  Could we have kept Lukaku another year - not easy.  Loaned not sold - not really JM's job to decide.
KdB for 2013/14 - we had Lampard, Ramires, Hazard, Eto'o, Mata, Salah, Schurle and Willian all competing for AM roles - no real surprise that KdB struggled for game time.  Next season we were going to go for the title.  Keep a whinging KdB in the squad?  And if let out on loan could we avoid selling him (and not JM's decision then anyway).

After Lukaku and KdB, it goes I guess Salah (not a great loss).  Bertrand (a kept Bertrand IMO would be worth less than we got).  And arguably Chalobah and Ake, though JM's role was pretty indirect there, and I don't really think anyone expected them to start 2 years ago.  RLC? - well frankly JM was shafted by the club leaving him short with just RLC as cover rather than JM shafted RLC.  He should have been on the loan army 2 years ago.

Meanwhile JM dropped Cech to replace him with Courtois and then sold him.  You can't show much more faith in the club's transfer policy than that.

Ham   

If any of this is true then is Conte's behaviour any better than Costa's throughout his Chelsea career? 

The media would have us believe that he's been wanting to leave since he arrived!  At the very least he sounds mega high maintenance 😉