Sir

Official: Antonio Conte Appointed As New Manager

1,567 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, GURJ SS said:

let's hope he brings in Vidal, Pogba and Morata.

Let's hope he's not in prison by August...

I'm not massively convinced by this appointment, apart from his time at Juventus (which is impressive), his record isn't exactly great.

Those hoping for Pogba, Vidal etc, think again - why would they come to us now? No Champions League football next season and far from a guarantee we'll be in it the next season or when we'll evenr be back in it. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't see the big summer some are hoping for.

Edited by My Blood Is Blue

I don't know a lot about him but I have been impressed with what I have read over the past few weeks.

It seems he is a winner and he is passionate, that's a good place to start.

Difficult to be moved one way or another about managerial comings and goings any more, but that's down to us rather than him. I hope he gets a least a full season, and I'd be delighted if he could make it to two. No European games should be a big help.

Well he does not have to worry about fixture congestion but we will need to spend this summer if certain players plan to leave.

Anyway welcome Mr Conte.

Officially the new "Head Coach". 

People who's been tracking this historically will know what I mean.... 

Good luck, Antonio. You will need it! 

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I'm not massively convinced by this appointment, apart from his time at Juventus (which is impressive), his record isn't exactly great.

How is his record 'not great'?

About as good as it gets in terms of appointments given our situation. No CL football next year so plenty of focus on the league.

Hope he can bring in HIS players, I would love to see a proper powerhouse midfield again.

52 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Officially the new "Head Coach". 

People who's been tracking this historically will know what I mean.... 

Good luck, Antonio. You will need it! 

First Team Head Puppet is how I read it. Disappointing.

This is not going to be a quick fix, might take 2 seasons to get back to where we need to be. First step should be to get rid of that clown Emenalo, then sort out all of the players that we have on loan. Difficult to see top names coming this summer with no CL football, a good run in last 7 games could still see us in Europa league.

5 minutes ago, bluecueball said:

How is his record 'not great'?

About as good as it gets in terms of appointments given our situation. No CL football next year so plenty of focus on the league.

Hope he can bring in HIS players, I would love to see a proper powerhouse midfield again.

Arezzo - Serie B
Sacked, then re-hired and then got relegated

Bari - Serie B and A
Won promotion from Serie B in first season then left by mutual consent due to him having his head turned by the Juventus job (which he did not get at this point)

Atalanta - Serie A
Left after falling out with clubs fans and being confronted by the 'Ultra's' - resigned with the team in 19th

Siena - Serie B
Got newly relegated Siena back up to Serie A and then left for Juventus job

It's not the worst CV but it's hardly the best (other than Juventus as I originally mentioned). Hopefully it won't be an issue and he used that time to learn a lot about the game and we'll see the benefits.