• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Antonio Conte Appointed As New Manager

Ham   
2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

If course my friend but I get the distinct impression he was resigned to it rather than jealous of it . Anyway he'll be off I expect so we'll go again , again .

Indeed we will, again. 

JaneB   
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

I think Drinkwater is a bang average player who will be sold / shipped out on loan next season to someone like West Ham. 

Oh dear, that put me in my place 🙁

Edited by JaneB

3 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Rather than focusing more on how they're performances are in the now. 

I think you hit the nail on the head here. You think our player's are carp because they are not performing now.

I think we have an incredibly good set of players. Our first 11 is second best in the league. Our performances in the now are down to the manager. Not the players. 

Our manager plays the most boring, defensive football imaginable. Plays players out of position. Insists on playing a formation that has been completely found out in this country. Keeps picking players out of form. Has absolutely no idea how to use a squad and keep players happy. Is so one dimensional, for a supposed top level manager, it is embarrassing.  Threw his toys out the pram because we didn't spend £300m on Sandro, Vidal and Van Dijk. Has seen Costa, Matic, Ake, Chalobah, Batshuayi and probably Luiz all leave at the first available opportunity.  Took a pay rise without signing an extension. And is almost certainly leaving this summer, not because we will sack him, but because he wants to. 

Our players have some faults, but nowhere near as many as the manager. I do genuienly admire your loyalty to him though.  Fair play for that :)

56 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Yep have to agree , we need a smattering of Drinkwaters to come in , do their job to a 7/10 degree , not rock the boat and contribute to the overall success of the club.

Agreed. They just need to be played enough not to rock the boat and want to stay. 

4 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Living in years gone by, be it club or player performances is exactly how one stifles evolving. We haven't evolved since we won the Champions League, and instead opted for shortcuts that have lead us right to where we currently are. 

This is a ludicrous stance; only one player in that squad is here having been here the whole time and he's getting increasingly little football this season, we've spent dozens of millions of pounds on younger players and we have literally won multiple major titles since then. It's a massively over-the-ball tackle from a Conte apologist. We've 'evolved', whatever it is that is supposed to mean, as much as any other club.

Edited by thevelourfog