Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Michael Tucker

Bournemouth 1 Chelsea 4

101 posts in this topic

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Bournemouth at Vitality Stadium (a.k.a. Goldsands/Dean Court) before, during and after the game.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 15:00, Saturday 23rd April, 2016 (Local UK time/date).

Bornemouth just lost at home to MR Smiley Beardy and Co we just got taught a lesson at home so this ones got draw written all over it. Unless we go into London softies away from home mode a la Swansea away that is.

I think Guus said he was going to play more kids after the debacle that was City.

He didn't say what play group had the better players but it shouldn't be too difficult for under fives to improve on the last showing.

It's a game we won't win with our 'best' match day squad, so I'd be inclined to experiment further. We are **** nonetheless, and terrible both home and away. 

Begovic; Azpi, Clarke-Salter, JT (if fit), Baba; Matic, Colkett; Willian, RLC, Palmer; Traore

Subs: Collins, Cahill, Ivan the terrible, Fabregas, Hazard, Costa, Abraham

Lose this one and bournemouth go level on points with us, we will stay above them on goal difference. I think that puts in perspective how bad we have been this season. We are on par with a team that are just happy to have survived in the premiership this season.

As long as RLC, Baba, Kenedy and Traore get some game time I will be happy. Hopefully most of those start.

Begovic, Azpi, Clarke-Salter, Miazga, Baba, Matic, RLC, Willian, Palmer, Kennedy, Traore

Its beyond time to see what the kids are capable of

Just now, americanblue said:

Begovic, Azpi, Clarke-Salter, Miazga, Baba, Matic, RLC, Willian, Palmer, Kennedy, Traore

Its beyond time to see what the kids are capable of

I think we know from RLC's performance last week.  They are  capable of 30 mins.

Matic btw is gone I doubt he'll play more than 60 mins PL football again.

It's tempting to say who cares, we have nothing to play for, and let's get this horrible season over with.  However I'd still like to remain competitive with Liverpool, whose fans have had some ridicule of our demise this season.  To finish above them would be magical.

Have some interesting remaining games after this, not just a 'six pointer' with Liverpool, but the chance to take Tottenham out of the title race to make for a pressure free game with Leicester at the end of the season (which I find particularly poignant that the current champions will play the new champions(?) at the season finale).  We could also be deciding the fate of Sunderland.  At least the fixtures are interesting even if the football isn't so attractive at the moment.

I wouldn't hold much hope of catching Liverpool, they seem to be out of their indifferent spell and have a game in hand against what will probably be a weakened Everton Team.

Also I'm not sure our squad have got enough focus to overcome their main weaknesses, lack of consistent intensity during a game and taking chances clinically

17 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think we know from RLC's performance last week.  They are  capable of 30 mins.

You're right we saw that RLC can have a commanding influence on the game with no help from the rest of the team