Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Michael Tucker

Bournemouth 1 Chelsea 4

101 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Stanic Screamer said:

You know Dave, you've just hit on a big bugbear of mine when it comes to professional footballers.

I was sat in the MHL against city and most (not all) stayed to the end. There are chants of "we love you Chelsea, we do" at 3-0 down... Yet only one player came over to the stand and applauded the MH at the end of the game and that was RLC. Azpilicueta applauded in general, sort of, in the middle of the pitch, but it was very disappointing.

Players use the "I was upset, blah blah" excuse. Aren't we upset? You can go to a different club next year, you still earn your huge wages this week. There are people all over the stadium who've spent money they barely have to watch a team they love. 

I understand your may not love the team in the same way, it's your profession. I don't claim to love my company, but show some respect, some gratitude to those who support you and keep supporting to the end. It's just the right thing to do. 

How hard is it to walk up to the stands and give a little clap? It's even more important when we lose, especially when we get a tonking like we did last week.

I am actually starting to get f*****g angry with the team now. 

2 hours ago, chelsea_matt said:

How hard is it to walk up to the stands and give a little clap? It's even more important when we lose, especially when we get a tonking like we did last week.

I am actually starting to get f*****g angry with the team now. 

The worst thing is, at the end of the game there were no boos (I can't speak for the ground as a whole, but I certainly couldn't hear any from anywhere). Fans were applauding after seeing that kind of performance, and the players still didn't clap that. 

^ Leicester away, we had been bloody awful all game before the players decided maybe they should put in some kind of effort last 10. 

The away support was amazing. Passionate, loud, proud. They all ran down the tunnel as soon as the ref blew up the game. I've never been so disillusioned with a Chelsea team that I am right now. 

All of my best 'Chelsea mates' won't renew the STs for next season. Of the 7-8 people I always hang out with, only one will renew (they've all had tickets for years). Reason? Can't be bothered paying that sort of money to watch players who don't care about the club. 

can't blame them one bit. When JT goes we will become an empty shell. 

Youngsters Dabo, Aina, Colkett and Palmer have to be involved today. If Pato or Falcao are given minutes aheas of the young players we become even more ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, chiswickblue said:

Youngsters Dabo, Aina, Colkett and Palmer have to be involved today. If Pato or Falcao are given minutes aheas of the young players we become even more ridiculous. 

I wouldn't bet against Pato getting some minutes today.

Every time I think of Dennis I see his little face lighting up in a beaming smile at the Galatasaray match, when faced with "Welcome to Hell" and orange smoke everywhere, and shortly before we did the business on them for 5:0. He looks a bit less impressive these days, alas - he's often to be seen shopping in Gerrards Cross high street.

Agreed about the lack of gratefulness in the players - since JT went off injured, I don't think one of them has come over to the Shed. Well, except to for William taking the occasional corner, that is.

2 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

How many of these were involved in the FA youth cup last night? Would be a shock to see any play in both legs plus today unfortunately. 

From what I've seen Palmer and Colkett they are both very classy players. It's been a very long season and it would be nice to have a slight glimmer of desire from the players. Now is the time we will see players come through that have been at Cobham for 10 years and our successful youth side is full of young English talent. If they don't get a chance now they never will. 

Edited by samhoward17

I have absolutely nothing to look forward to in this game. I do not expect Hiddink to play kids; even if he does, I fully expect the other players to be as enthusiastic as people at a funeral. The playing for pride ship sailed a while back. Now everyone is simply going through the motions.

7 minutes ago, Vinod said:

I have absolutely nothing to look forward to in this game. I do not expect Hiddink to play kids; even if he does, I fully expect the other players to be as enthusiastic as people at a funeral. The playing for pride ship sailed a while back. Now everyone is simply going through the motions.

If I were a first team player and I watched Hidding play kids other than Baba, Kenedy, RLC and Traore*, in a Premier League game I'd be pretty pissed off, and hoping I was on the bench.

(or maybe Palmer or Abrahams who have real potential, but not more than 3 kids)

Is this really happening? Can't risk RLC, Traore, Kenedy OR an academy player against Bournemouth in a dead rubber game?!

Edited by NorwayBlue
Misprint