• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dingus

Banned from Site on home Wi-fi

Dingus   

Title says it all really - can get onto the forum using 4g and whilst at work but when I try to access the site at home on Wi-fi it says I'm banned.

Any idea what could be the issue?

Cheers.

Sea foot   

When I go to unread content first before putting my password in, it tells me I'm not allowed to access this site. Just click on the unread content button and all is well. Could this be your problem or wha?

I've checked your account and through all of your IP addresses (which I assume include your home WiFi), and you're clearly not banned here, and you have no restrictions. Give Sea foot's suggestion a try (thanks Sf!) and then if nothing improves, check with your IP.

Dingus   
58 minutes ago, Sea foot said:

Have you logged in as it seems to be asking you to sign in? 

I'm already logged in when I'm viewing the site via 4G. Once I enable wifi, it just throws me to that page again and it says contact us.

xCELERYx   

Try logging in via another browser and or private/incognito mode. I'd also suggest the usual deleting of cookies for this site also, that will wipe all login related matters for the site and you'll have a fresh log in. Might work like that for the time being.

Googling the error code shows it's a common problem with IPB 4 though.