fillerywhereru

Expectations For 2016/17 Season?

255 posts in this topic

On 8/23/2016 at 11:06 AM, Sleeping Dave said:

The big difference now is that we are not going flat out to win every game but rather being slightly more measured. So defensively we are not leaking goals left right and centre. Plus, so far we haven't handicapped ourselves by starting Fabregas in a two-man midfield and added Kante to Oscar and Matic.

The difference is a lot bigger than that - we are going into games desperate not to lose, and yet opponents are still scoring against us.

As for the second sentence, 

If we keep the same defence, I will be very surprised if we make the top 4. Its less than a week before the transfer deadline, so anything can happen until then, but I am sorry, this is just ridiculous!

19 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

If we keep the same defence, I will be very surprised if we make the top 4. Its less than a week before the transfer deadline, so anything can happen until then, but I am sorry, this is just ridiculous!

If we don't have one or two extra faces (plus the return of Zouma) sure we will have big problems.  But the current 4 as the first choice is fine (so long as they stay fit rather than play through tiredness and injury because Baba is the only alternative.  

Re Leicester- I watched both the charity shield and the Arsenal game and I thought they were unlucky in both they are still a decent team. Perhaps the fact they are champions will count agioant them a bit but I think they wont drop that far. 

Edited by fillerywhereru
mistake

I think with the current squad we will finish in the top 6, potentially pushing for that 4th spot. We have same defence as last season, minus Baba which won't really impact our standings. But on the plus side we've added what looks to be a genuine back up striker in Batshuayi, over last seasons Falcao/Remy/Pato. Also added Kante, not much more needs to be said about what he brings. Plus, it looks to me that Hazard is at the races so far, which is a huge plus in our favour.

Then there's the debate on Costa performing better this season, but we just never know what he's going to do on the day.

The Manchester clubs are better than us it seems. Aside from them I wouldn't say any club is in a better position that us. Liverpool? Arsenal? Tottenham? All have problems aswell, in my opinion Tottenham probably with the least.

Its hard to tell this early into the season. Even then we are barely scraping wins. My expectation would be getting a top 4 finish and a cup win.

21 hours ago, lastbronx4u said:

Its hard to tell this early into the season. Even then we are barely scraping wins. My expectation would be getting a top 4 finish and a cup win.

Might have to be the FA Cup, don't see us beating Leicester away.

4 hours ago, fillerywhereru said:

Might have to be the FA Cup, don't see us beating Leicester away.

why not. We've got their best player.

Moreover, I think they will pick a reserve side. 

With the current defence, no way in CL. Maybe 5th or 6th.