• Current Donation Goals

fillerywhereru

Expectations For 2016/17 Season?

Ha ha indeed we did and dont get me started on Alan Mayes and graham Wilkins :-)

Double is looking a real possibility now. Spurs without Kane would be useful and how much would I enjoy having Arsenal in the final.

Interesting reads in page 14 and onwards. A lot of negativity with a top 6 being touted by some of the more optimistic

Edited by exiledblue

paulw66   
On 9/24/2016 at 10:32 PM, Droy was my hero said:

If Hiddink comes soon, top 6 is still possible.

On 9/24/2016 at 10:40 PM, Sleeping Dave said:

And this...

I was hoping for too much. 

5-8th isn't even looking like a certainty. That has got to wake up some of the zombies upstairs. 

On 9/26/2016 at 10:22 AM, Droy was my hero said:

This is a top 4 squad with a bottom 6 manager.
Wake up and watch the second halves when the scoreline has unshackled us.

On 10/22/2016 at 0:27 AM, zaffo said:

Factor in that maybe, just maybe, we're not actually that good of a team as some may in fact believe. When it comes to being a better team both Liverpool and Arsenal are better than us, imo. We haven't been a good team for quite some time and instead relied largely on one or two highly talented individuals to carry us. When these individuals aren't able to do so, we are a run of the mill side for the most part, as shown last season. 

The reality is we finished 10th last season. Our squad is imbalanced and has little cohesion. If we finish top 4 that's an impressive result in my books. Realistically I think top 6-8 is more accurate.

Some real gems among this lot, to save people from going back through the whole thread 

paulw66   
On 8/21/2016 at 9:55 AM, WHYSOSLOWYEH said:

Spot on, we're just papering over the cracks, we've ZERO chance of winning the league with this team, if we were to avoid injuries and suspensions (highly unlikley the way costas going), we could scrape 4th

Hmmm

From memory I think only Matt was bold enough to go for it .

I think I said top four.

xCELERYx   
5 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Some real gems among this lot, to save people from going back through the whole thread 

To be fair, although a did predict 6-8th overall. Most of that post was aimed at last season. Ironically, the one thing Conte has done fantastically is make us a team again. Always happy to be proven wrong in this case. Although, I highly doubt anyone had us 10 points clear at the top.

Wonder how many mangers have taken two sides who've finished outside of the top 5 and won the league with them in their first season. Couldn't be many I imagine?

5 hours ago, paulw66 said:

To be fair, at the time of my comment we were in disarray and looked just as clueless as we had done the season before.

The reversal Conte has mastered is nothing short of spectacular. Hats off to him, he's proven to be a real winner.

We like a lot. 

10 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

The reversal Conte has mastered is nothing short of spectacular. Hats off to him, he's proven to be a real winner.

Yes and no. The suddenness of the reversal shows just how far below the level of the players we were performing at the start of the season.  Fully justifies by comment about a top 4 squad with a bottom 6 squad - I was probably understating the ability of the squad.

But yes, a spectacular reversal, I doubted whether Conte could learn so quickly.  The change from defending the box to defending the half has made a massive difference, albeit it one that was pretty predictable.

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

I doubted whether Conte could learn so quickly.  

Why oh why didn't the three times in a row winning manager in serie A and former over-achieving manager of the Italian national team listen to the views of an internet sensation will have to remain one of lifes mysteries I'm afraid.

• Like 2