• Current Donation Goals

fillerywhereru

Expectations For 2016/17 Season?

29 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

bottom 6 manager

a very appropriate comment at the time I agree.

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

Why oh why didn't the three times in a row winning manager in serie A and former over-achieving manager of the Italian national team listen to the views of an internet sensation will have to remain one of lifes mysteries I'm afraid.

Well he did - the change from defending the box to defending the half made all the difference.  Not that I was the only person making the obvious point even here, nor that TV and news commentators weren't saying the same, nor that half the squad and coaches wouldn't have been telling him the same thing.  But yes he did abandon the Juve model to play normal PL football, and he should be congratulated for abandoning his failed experiment so quickly.

paulw66   
2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Yes and no.

yes and no. where does the no come from? we are top of the league by 10 points, and are in the semi final of the FA cup. Aside from winning the Mickey Mouse cup, what more could he have done?

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

yes and no. where does the no come from? we are top of the league by 10 points, and are in the semi final of the FA cup. Aside from winning the Mickey Mouse cup, what more could he have done?

Made us stand in the right places of course! 

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Read the post instead of taking 3 words out of context.  Or make up posts from someone else for your straw man.

Ham   

"Read the post" and "strawman" completes my Droy bingo card for today already.  That's me done. 

• Like 1

StebzAno   
2 hours ago, Ham said:

"Read the post" and "strawman" completes my Droy bingo card for today already.  That's me done. 

Aw man, I just needed one more for house!   I bet "why is it all about me?" is the next shout as well.

chara   

All normal Chelsea fans naturally choose to be somewhat wary of predicting success under most circumstances but after last season we all just wanted stability.

Conte has worked  a miracle almost of the Leicester/Ranieri variety but with a more far reaching plan (I hope..see?)

My post as I remember basically hoped for stability and base for the future. Would have taken a lot to predict where we are now.

paulw66   

10 games to go, 6 of which are at home.........would take some losing from here.

League and Cup double - that will do nicely, although the FA Cup will be far from easy with Spurs and probably City the next two opponents. 

It would indeed take some screwing up now, given that 6 of the games are at home we should be ok. After last years collapse you just have that tiny element of doubt though. Once I see the C being chipped onto the trophy I will be fine :-)

paulw66   
14 minutes ago, fillerywhereru said:

It would indeed take some screwing up now, given that 6 of the games are at home we should be ok. After last years collapse you just have that tiny element of doubt though. Once I see the C being chipped onto the trophy I will be fine :-)

Has a team ever been 10 points clear in April and not won it? I would doubt it