fillerywhereru

Expectations For 2016/17 Season?

255 posts in this topic

I'd like to put them in order of delusional self-entitlement but that makes it almost impossible to choose. l'Arse in the Ropey League would be fun.

I forgot to put the dippers in there. Would be nice for them to get 4th and lose out. 😂

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

I'd like to put them in order of delusional self-entitlement but that makes it almost impossible to choose. l'Arse in the Ropey League would be fun.

:)

Chelsea, Spurs, Leicester and one other in the  CL.

Three of Liverpool, City, Arsenal and United out.  fun.

Klopp and JM might survive it, on the grounds that Klopp has exceeded expectations to date, and Man U expectations have fallen so low.  But for Guardiola or Wenger it means the sack.  I wonder where Guardiola could ever go next.  AVB's replacement wherever I guess.

56 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Three of Liverpool, City, Arsenal and United out.  fun.

Klopp and JM might survive it, on the grounds that Klopp has exceeded expectations to date, and Man U expectations have fallen so low.  But for Guardiola or Wenger it means the sack.  I wonder where Guardiola could ever go next.  AVB's replacement wherever I guess.

I cannot for the life of me imagine that City would sack Guardiola after one season after they've seemingly been preparing the way for their messiah for years . It'd be hilarious if they did and poached Poch but they do say to be careful what you wish for. 

21 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I cannot for the life of me imagine that City would sack Guardiola after one season after they've seemingly been preparing the way for their messiah for years . It'd be hilarious if they did and poached Poch but they do say to be careful what you wish for. 

I agree... only someone with a very poor grip on reality could imagine Guardiola being sacked this summer.

41 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

me neither, like wise Arsene is also safe if he wants to stay

6 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

6 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

I agree... only someone with a very poor grip on reality could imagine Guardiola being sacked this summer.

FFS - have you really been dragged down to this level.

You used to be better than that.

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

If Leicester win the CL then it will be five clubs in the CL next season and not just four, the same applies to Utd winning the Europa and finishing outside the top four. If by some miracle Utd and Leicester win both competitions and finish outside the top four, then the 4th place team misses out. 

Also, on a side note, the TV money, aka "market pool" is split into two chunks (60/40), with the first half being spilt as follows: 

Champions - 40%

2nd - 30% 

3rd - 20%

4th - 10% 

However, if there is a cup winner, then they get 30% with 10% coming from each if the top three teams. As for the second half, this is 'variable' and depends on the stage the individual clubs get to. Hence, why some years you see a club going out in the 16/quarters and they have similar money to a semi finalist/runner up/winner.

Anyhow, away from qualification requirements and TV finances. I would like to see the top four as follows: 

Chelsea, Spuds, Scum, L'Arse.

I say this as seeing City and Utd outside of the top four after all the press Pep and Jose got before the season started would be hilarious; whereas Utd losing £20-£25m a season from Adidas for not qualifying for the CL 2 years in a row would be the cherry on top.

That said, I expect: 

Chelsea, Spuds, City, Scum/L'Arse + Utd via Europa. 

Edited by Conte Kante

Well people, we certainly exceeded my expectations already and it can still get even better.

Cheers