fillerywhereru

Expectations For 2016/17 Season?

248 posts in this topic

For the Prem: Top 2, or 3, most likely. Will have the ability to win the thing though, with an ounce of luck here and there.

I expect at least one cup trophy as well.

I would like to see us , organised , everyone knowing exactly what their role in the side is, fit and firing on all cylinders with everyone striving to do better than last year.

We can IMHO easily achieve top four with just a modicum of investment and the players actually, you know, trying.

I would take 4th now if it was on offer. We went backwards last season for a number of reasons, whilst majority of oppoisition clubs all improved and closed the gap between us and them in double time.

Hazard is clearly the key though, last season we got about 10% out of him compared to 2014/15 season. If we can get him back on a similar level then we have a good chance of making top 4, though its still not the given it has been in previous seasons as our competition is as strong as its ever been.

Rumours of a leaked premier league fixture list coming out.

If accurate we're getting a few difficult away games in the first half the season which may be to our advantage.  We go to White Hart lane very early on where I'm sure they'll be after revenge.  Most intriguing of all Man Utd come to the bridge on 29th April... could this be a title decider?

Just over a week until we know for sure.

21 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think the Man U experience this season reminds us how football has always been.  If you have to create a path for a young player to take him into the first team squad - then he is not good enough.  But if he is good enough, he will create that path himself, and bugger up all the carefully laid plans of the manager in the process.

Abrahams and Palmer have more chance of breaking through next season than anyone we saw last season.  Ake and Christensen from those on loan.

Have to agree.....too many "anointed" ones over the years who never made it.....Friend of mine who played at the top level said that at school there were better players than him...but it comes down to application and desire...something we often see missing.

8 hours ago, StebzAno said:

Rumours of a leaked premier league fixture list coming out.

If accurate we're getting a few difficult away games in the first half the season which may be to our advantage.  We go to White Hart lane very early on where I'm sure they'll be after revenge.  Most intriguing of all Man Utd come to the bridge on 29th April... could this be a title decider?

Just over a week until we know for sure.

...and we'll be out to have jolly good chuckle. Mustn't say anything pre match though just in case it upsets the poor little darlings and put's them off their stride.

21 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

For the Prem: Top 2, or 3, most likely. Will have the ability to win the thing though, with an ounce of luck here and there.

I expect at least one cup trophy as well.

I admire your optimism mate. Maybe when Conte finishes up at the Euros and appears on Chelsea TV now and then giving us his views I will stop slashing my wrists.