• Current Donation Goals

fillerywhereru

Expectations For 2016/17 Season?

Holymoly   

The one shred of hope I cling on to is that Conte has had no previous connection with the club nor any of the current players. If you ignore AVB who you could argue came in looking just to better Jose and shook things up too radically and was unable to back that up it has been 7 years since Ancelotti arrived and won us the double. It takes a new broom such as that to be able to see through the wood for the trees and identify the changes neccessary sometimes.

1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

The one shred of hope I cling on to is that Conte has had no previous connection with the club nor any of the current players. If you ignore AVB who you could argue came in looking just to better Jose and shook things up too radically and was unable to back that up it has been 7 years since Ancelotti arrived and won us the double. It takes a new broom such as that to be able to see through the wood for the trees and identify the changes neccessary sometimes.

Actually I reckon CA represented the end of the JM era, not the start of another.  3 points more than the Scolari/Hiddink team of the previous year, and then sacked after getting just 71 points.  

The new broom was AVB, though he was rubbish and failed to demand enough players to make a new broom work.  Indeed so bad was his new broom, that the old lags hung on to win the CL.  

StebzAno   

Looks like I fell victim to some click bait.  The 'leaked premier league fixture list' couldn't have been more wrong.  A shame because I preferred the leaked version better.  Released fixtures are.

August
13: West Ham United (h)
20: Watford (a)
27: Burnley (h)
September
10: Swansea City (a)
17: Liverpool (h)
24: Arsenal (a)
October
1: Hull City (a)
15: Leicester City (h)
22: Manchester United (h)
29: Southampton (a)
November
5: Everton (h)
19: Middlesbrough (a)
26: Tottenham Hotspur (h)
December
3: Manchester City (a)
10: West Bromwich Albion (h)
13: Sunderland (a)
17: Crystal Palace (a)
26: Bournemouth (h)
31: Stoke City (h)
January
2: Tottenham Hotspur (a)
14: Leicester City (a)
21: Hull City (h)
February
1: Liverpool (a)
4: Arsenal (h)
11: Burnley (a)
25: Swansea City (h)
March
4: West Ham United (a)
11: Watford (h)
18: Stoke City (a)
April
1: Crystal Palace (h)
5: Manchester City (h)
8: Bournemouth (a)
15: Manchester United (a)
22: Southampton (h)
29: Everton (a)
May
6: Middlesbrough (h)
13: West Bromwich Albion (a)
21: Sunderland (h)

jones   

We could not have asked for a better start. Our biggest problem this season is always going to be the late start of Conte, plus key players reporting late for pre-season duties do to Euros/Olympics/Copa. Also, incoming transfers will most likely take some time to conclude (it seems). Relatively easy fixtures in the beginning is obviously lethal for us.

First four games
Aug 13: West Ham United (h) - let's hope France and Payet go faaaar in the Euros
Aug 20: Watford (a)
Aug 27: Burnley (h)
Sep 10: Swansea City (a)

Our player of the season thankfully went out of the Copa, so will be able to have a long rest before he needs to join the Brazil squad in Rio. Perhaps he even will join our pre-season squad before that, considering Olympics starts Aug 5. He will be able to return for our third PL game, worst case scenario.

Our biggest issue is in CM. Fabregas may be at the Euros until July 10. Then needs at least two-three weeks of holiday. Can't see him starting in the opener, and will surely not be at his best during all of August. Still no new CMs incoming, and the ones we buy (Nainggolan, Gomes) may go all the way too and be in the same situation as Fabregas. Matic and Mikel may be sold already. Put your faith in RLC ...

kratos   

Well as it stands we are 4th in the table and all we need is for next season to be completely cancelled and we qualify for the CL for 17/18 XD

23 minutes ago, kratos said:

Well as it stands we are 4th in the table and all we need is for next season to be completely cancelled and we qualify for the CL for 17/18 XD

:)  Lucky Brighton missed out on promotion.  Villa to bounce back next season by when they may really struggle.

And after Leicester last year, another shock PL victory by the astutely named AFC Bournemouth.  Arsenal 2nd again!

I like the look of that run in from April onwards (City and United aside). Especially with no CL to interfere.

Conte to win it in his first year :)

Here's a good game for the "Expectations" thread. How many players do you think will make their full debuts in the starting line-up against West Ham. I'll go first: