• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fillerywhereru

Expectations For 2016/17 Season?

Here's a good game for the "Expectations" thread. How many players do you think will make their full debuts in the starting line-up against West Ham. I'll go first:

Three.

Partly because without researching it, I reckon several of our players won't be backing full training in time.  We won't play kids, and we have no back up right now, so they will all be debutants (and perhaps Moses Cuadrado & Marin)

Three.

Partly because without researching it, I reckon several of our players won't be backing full training in time.  We won't play kids, and we have no back up right now, so they will all be debutants (and perhaps Moses Cuadrado & Marin)

On 20/6/2016 at 4:29 PM, McCreadie said:

Here's a good game for the "Expectations" thread. How many players do you think will make their full debuts in the starting line-up against West Ham. I'll go first:

One or two. 

Holymoly   

My expectations for next season are slowly sliding down to bottom half the longer it goes without any meaningful additions to the squad that were shown to be pathetically wanting last season.

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

My expectations for next season are slowly sliding down to bottom half the longer it goes without any meaningful additions to the squad that were shown to be pathetically wanting last season.

I didn't realise the season started next week

Holymoly   
3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I didn't realise the season started next week

So they just rock up on Saturday morning good to go in your world eh?

The longer it goes on the less likely it is any new players will be sufficiently integrated to start in August. I'm not suggesting we should have everyone in place by July 1st but at the moment there are no rumours emanating from the leaky colander that is Cobham about any movements other that to say we've finally told Falcao and Pato not to let the door smack them on the arse on the way out. After last season you would have liked to have thought that we would have had something bubbling ready to be announced early doors. Like Fabregas a couple of years ago.

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

So they just rock up on Saturday morning good to go in your world eh?

The longer it goes on the less likely it is any new players will be sufficiently integrated to start in August. I'm not suggesting we should have everyone in place by July 1st but at the moment there are no rumours emanating from the leaky colander that is Cobham about any movements other that to say we've finally told Falcao and Pato not to let the door smack them on the arse on the way out. After last season you would have liked to have thought that we would have had something bubbling ready to be announced early doors. Like Fabregas a couple of years ago.

As long as the players are here by the start of pre season, what difference does it make?

I'm not really sure what your first sentence is all about TBH.

No rumours? So what? Meaningless anyway. 

9 hours ago, Holymoly said:

I'm not suggesting we should have everyone in place by July 1st but at the moment there are no rumours emanating from the leaky colander that is Cobham about any movements 

Well we have had a bid for Andre Gomes in the region of £32m turned down. We have had numerous bids for Nainggolan turned down. We have had a bid  for batshuayi accepted and that deal appears close. If rumours are to be believed we are also in pole position for Kante and still want Morata. 

What more do you want?

9 hours ago, Holymoly said:

The longer it goes on the less likely it is any new players will be sufficiently integrated to start in August. I'm not suggesting we should have everyone in place by July 1st but at the moment there are no rumours emanating from the leaky colander that is Cobham about any movements ...

I agree we are short of players, but Cobham or Chelsea seems one of the few clubs that does not leak its secrets early.