Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OfWolfAndBiggs

Intrusive Advert

11 posts in this topic

Occasionally I've been getting redirected to another page telling me I have a virus and that I need to download some software, my phone vibrates like crazy and I'm unable to back out to CFCnet. This only happens when I'm in the Transfer Forum and only on this site. I've recently reinstalled my phone and it happened the first time visiting this site. 

Has anyone else had this?

No - not on my pc or Ipad, but ads have become more intrusive lately.

I had a massive chocolate chicken at Easter time. If it helps.

Probably not.

too many adverts, every change of subject and the the big one which is actually banned here in Italy (I am guessing its a bookmakers) so it shows me visiting a banned site. Time to leave for a while I think, until the over advertising issue is solved

6 hours ago, exiledblue said:

too many adverts, every change of subject and the the big one which is actually banned here in Italy (I am guessing its a bookmakers) so it shows me visiting a banned site. Time to leave for a while I think, until the over advertising issue is solved

Even though I understand (and share) some of the frustration with some of the advertising on here, I think it worth pointing out (again), that without the advertising, the forums close. It's that simple, and I guess it comes down to how much members value these forums, because the obvious way to 'solve the advertising issue'  and minimise the need for advertising, is to support the site/forums by donating to help cover the running costs. Sadly, few do - including many members who seem to use the forums most, and/or are most vocal complaining about technical issues. Fact is technical supprt and forum hosting costs money, and the owner's pockets aren't a bottomless moneypit.

24 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Even though I understand (and share) some of the frustration with some of the advertising on here, I think it worth pointing out (again), that without the advertising, the forums close. It's that simple, and I guess it comes down to how much members value these forums, because the obvious way to 'solve the advertising issue'  and minimise the need for advertising, is to support the site/forums by donating to help cover the running costs. Sadly, few do - including many members who seem to use the forums most. 

I don't mind normal advertising at all on sites like this. Unfortunately the "advert" I was talking about was more of a virus threat, at least it felt like that. The type of thing I'd expect to see when streaming a match on a dodgy stream site. 

3 minutes ago, OfWolfAndBiggs said:

I don't mind normal advertising at all on sites like this. Unfortunately the "advert" I was talking about was more of a virus threat, at least it felt like that. The type of thing I'd expect to see when streaming a match on a dodgy stream site. 

My comments weren't directed at the issue you've raised in your post, which is fair enough and which will be passed on to the owner.

16 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

My comments weren't directed at the issue you've raised in your post, which is fair enough and which will be passed on to the owner.

Okay thanks Michael. 

Hi guys

I have just updated the forum core code, this shold fix things. if it hasn't please email me admin@cfcnet.co.uk Also please tell me which adverts are pissing you off. I could get them removed.

21 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Even though I understand (and share) some of the frustration with some of the advertising on here, I think it worth pointing out (again), that without the advertising, the forums close. It's that simple, and I guess it comes down to how much members value these forums, because the obvious way to 'solve the advertising issue'  and minimise the need for advertising, is to support the site/forums by donating to help cover the running costs. Sadly, few do - including many members who seem to use the forums most, and/or are most vocal complaining about technical issues. Fact is technical supprt and forum hosting costs money, and the owner's pockets aren't a bottomless moneypit.

And I understand the need, I dont even mind, adverts are normal on most sites but its really uncomfortable and excessive to have to sit through a video before each change of subject in addition to the large banner for an unknown site that is banned here.

If nobody points out user issues, they will never be fixed and you will have no need for your pointed comments. Fortunately Forum Administrator took heed of the comments as a problem for some users and it seems to have been corrected. Thank you Forum Administrator.