• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NoblyBobly

euro watch 2016

I thought it might be useful to have a dedicated thread to cover all thing Euro Championships. How Chelsea players are performing in their various national teams, how future targets are looking, which targets we should be looking at and of course how our new manager is getting on. It would also be useful to hear from Chelsea fans who are in France to inform us on crowd behaviour, police reaction and general security issues.  

Yep , I look forward with interest to see how Cahill gets on in his three games.

StebzAno   
1 hour ago, NoblyBobly said:

I went too early....same old problem!

There is probably medication out there you can take for that Nobly ;-)

Zoowraa   

I'm not really that patriotic and never been that interested by the English national team, but I do actually think they have a really good chance of winning this.

Not backed them as 8/1 is a poor price when you take the history of them into account. I think if Hodgson lets the shackles off and plays that young core of spurs players in Dier,Alli and Kane then I expect England to go a long way in this.

Kane for golden boot at 12/1 looks tempting. Also, like the double of England and Austria to win their groups which pays around 5/1.

Nice to see crowd trouble dragging our country's name through the mud again . It looks like our supporters are provoked at every opportunity , at least I hope that's whats happening. I hope calm prevails tomorrow. Come on England, give us something to smile about.

StebzAno   
17 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Nice to see crowd trouble dragging our country's name through the mud again . It looks like our supporters are provoked at every opportunity , at least I hope that's whats happening. I hope calm prevails tomorrow. Come on England, give us something to smile about.

From what I understand the areas / pubs containing the English contingent are being targeted by Marseille Ultras and lately Russian groups.  I've seen one video of a group of English fans sat contently out in the open at tables before a number of black topped (Russians) walk in and suddenly start throwing bottles and chairs at the seated English fans.  Of course it quickly turns into a standoff and chairs get thrown all over.  Other videos of Marseille locals chanting Marseille.

The French riot police react by bombarding our fans with tear gas (remember PSG?) which of course will target English shirts rather than the locals.

All the media is using this is as some nice tabloid story focused on English fans as per usual (no mention of the ultras).  It's true a small number of English travellers will provoke trouble, but this time the provocation has largely come from elsewhere.  I honestly feel concerned for the English travellers who are being terrorised by these groups, and those that run away from the hooligan groups only to be knocked in the face by French riot police.

^ The press seem to be giving Russian fans an easy time of it though.

This is how its reports a Russian sub travelling along the English channel at maximum height above the water line.  

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/russian-sub-heading-for-English-channel-intercepted-by-royal-navy-a7070281.html

I pity any Russian who thinks he can stroll around port of Marseilles without accusations of aggression.

Funnily enough when I google this story all I can find are the usual suspects - Mail, Sun Mirror, Telegraph & social media.  Nobody else seems to be touching it.

Sciatika   

I don''t get England. What I watched yesterday was utterly unimpressive. I look in the papers today and they are all getting a rating of 7 and 8s rather than the 4 or 5s I would have given them. Kane was anonymous. The end showed what happens when you ask the like of Danny Rose and Dele Alli to defend. I thought  it was really poor.