• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NoblyBobly

euro watch 2016

GURJ SS   
12 minutes ago, Zoowraa said:

I agree first half, but I thought second half he was starting to get into the game and poor substitution by Wilmots for me. Nainggolan was starting to build attacks with quick technical first time passes which were stretching the game, I though Belgium lost momentum when they replaced him. Witsel and Fellaini just went sideways and didn't move the ball quick enough.

Yeah Belgium certainly lost energy in the middle once Nainngolan went off. I wasn't that impressed with him, but then it's difficult to judge when Belgium looked so lost.

That De Rossi though, even if Nainngolan is half as good I will take it.

Belgium were poor overall, but I think Nainggolan was unfortunate to be taken off. He worked harder and offered more than either Witsel or Fellaini. Not sure what Marc Wilmots was thinking.

On 13 June 2016 at 1:10 AM, NoblyBobly said:

You say it's not violent or racist but it would take a brave man of colour to walk through many Russian City's late at night. I don't think it's an imaginary threat cooked up by Western media.

It's absolutely not. Russia is one of the most racist countries in Europe. End of discussion. 

8 hours ago, cam4blue said:

Belgium are a team stuffed with over-rated show-ponies. Ours may be the worst of the lot TBH. 

Conte is going to run into problems if he tries to get us playing like that IMO. 

Yeah. I'm not very keen on this current crop of Belgians. Bad attitude, thinking very highly of themselves (primarily the lot of them we bought and in some cases sold). 

Eden was Eden. The Eden Hazard ball-hugging syndrome is a known disease we've seen a lot of as Chelsea fans. So slow. So incredibly slow. If he had half the intelligence to matchbhisvtechmique he'd be unstoppable. But he hasn't, so he's what he is. 

I see Lukaku haven't changed one bit. Anyone thinking he's a good buy at £65m is certifiable. Don't want to go anywhere near him! 

Holymoly   
8 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Belgium were poor overall, but I think Nainggolan was unfortunate to be taken off. He worked harder and offered more than either Witsel or Fellaini. Not sure what Marc Wilmots was thinking.

Belgium, and by definition many of the present and ex CFC players, showing yet again their soft centre. Italian football is a masterclass in getting the job done.

2 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

It's absolutely not. Russia is one of the most racist countries in Europe. End of discussion. 

Well done for reading your newspapers.

16 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Well done for reading your newspapers.

Well done for talking out of your backside. 

I've got plenty of personal experience with russians and to claim they are not racist is gullable in the extreme. The stuff I've  heard coming from russians in terms of talking about africans or other races in general - shocking stuff. One of them was this über cute 25 year old girl but when she started to talk about her experiences in Brixton I had to leave. I've never heard anyone utter such blatant racism so openly and withouit even flinching. It was proper scary. 

Monkeys and bananas doesn't even begin to cover it.

On 6/13/2016 at 9:31 PM, StebzAno said:

I've said it many times but Lukaku... £65m...?  Gotta be joking!

If we bought him back I just know that's how he would play for us. I cannot fathom that man out.

I don't know if our press is just concocting imaginary quotes from Russian politicians but this is what was allegedly said by MP Igor Lebedev about current violence by Russian Ultras:

"I don't see anything wrong in fans fighting. Quite the opposite. Well done lads, keep it up."

Maybe it all got a bit lost in translation.

34 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

I don't know if our press is just concocting imaginary quotes from Russian politicians ...

I gather he has backtracked from that.  He is an MP but from the nationalist party  - which can be quite extreme, urging Putin on to be far more active with the West.  So a sound bite like this is no surprise from him.  His father is the much better known nationalist hot head, Zhirinovsky.  It is difficult for the Western press to write about this party.  They would like to tell you that Navalny is the Liberal west loving oppostion, but in fact, apart from intellectuals, he has no real support whatsoever.  The oppositon is mostly the nationalists making Putin a moderate in Russia.  Maybe the nearest equivalent would be the right wing in Austria (at least when they were still a minority)

16 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

I've got plenty of personal experience with russians and to claim they are not racist is gullable in the extreme. The stuff I've  heard coming from russians in terms of talking about africans or other races in general - shocking stuff. One of them was this über cute 25 year old girl but when she started to talk about her experiences in Brixton I had to leave. I've never heard anyone utter such blatant racism so openly and withouit even flinching. It was proper scary. 

Monkeys and bananas doesn't even begin to cover it.

So based on one or two conversations in London you are willing to stereotype a population of 140 odd million as err   racist.