• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NoblyBobly

euro watch 2016

2 hours ago, Holymoly said:

Poor old Christiano

A little butt hurt methinks. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

I'm pleased Iceland held them back to a draw.  He's a great footballer but I absolutely loathe his smugness.  Probably since the 2006 World Cup 'wink'.

10 minutes ago, StebzAno said:

I'm pleased Iceland held them back to a draw.  He's a great footballer but I absolutely loathe his smugness.  Probably since the 2006 World Cup 'wink'.

Well, seeing as he himself was crap........

10 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I gather he has backtracked from that.  He is an MP but from the nationalist party  - which can be quite extreme, urging Putin on to be far more active with the West.  So a sound bite like this is no surprise from him.  His father is the much better known nationalist hot head, Zhirinovsky.  It is difficult for the Western press to write about this party.  They would like to tell you that Navalny is the Liberal west loving oppostion, but in fact, apart from intellectuals, he has no real support whatsoever.  The oppositon is mostly the nationalists making Putin a moderate in Russia.  Maybe the nearest equivalent would be the right wing in Austria (at least when they were still a minority)

So based on one or two conversations in London you are willing to stereotype a population of 140 odd million as err   racist.

I'm done having this discussion. It's no arguing with you is there? 

Lets just say I've read the press and form all my opinions based on that. Happy? 

12 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Lets just say I've read the press and form all my opinions based on that. Happy? 

That is exactly my point.  Agreed. 

If they invented a pay per use "electrocute Glen Hoddle" button ITV could finance their entire tournament expenses in one half of football.

Holymoly   
13 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I really don't mind the odd swear word, but can we do without the anal rape imagery.

Know your meme Droy

Stop being such a pedant Droy. The origin of the meme has nothing to do with "anal rape". I would worry about your thought process if I were you.

10 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Know your meme Droy

Stop being such a pedant Droy. The origin of the meme has nothing to do with "anal rape". I would worry about your thought process if I were you.

You really don't believe that anymore do you??  And even if you thought it once had a different meaning you know that enough people believe it has a different meaning.  It passes the basic offensiveness test. It offends.

Have you ever used the express in mixed company at work?  With your Mum?  

Holymoly   
9 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

You really don't believe that anymore do you??  And even if you thought it once had a different meaning you know that enough people believe it has a different meaning.  It passes the basic offensiveness test. It offends.

Have you ever used the express in mixed company at work?  With your Mum?  

You must spend every other Saturday afternoon at the Bridge being terribly offended then Droy.