• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NoblyBobly

euro watch 2016

9 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

You really don't believe that anymore do you??  And even if you thought it once had a different meaning you know that enough people believe it has a different meaning.  It passes the basic offensiveness test. It offends.

Have you ever used the express in mixed company at work?  With your Mum?  

Seriously, give it a rest. 

As you once so famously told another forum member, this is not your personal blog. People will express themselves in various forms. You don't actually know if members using terms such as 'ripping a new one' or 'butthurt' use it as an analogy for anal rape. In all likelihood they use it with a different purpose and anal rape was the last thing on their mind. I am starting to get slightly worried for you and why you bring this up all the time.

And let's be honest here, is it any more offensive than you claiming to know the tought-process of other members here or how they form their opinions. In my book that's far more offensive than using innocent slang online. 

49 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

As you once so famously told another forum member, this is not your personal blog. People will express themselves in various forms. You don't actually know if members using terms such as 'ripping a new one' or 'butthurt' use it as an analogy for anal rape. In all likelihood they use it with a different purpose and anal rape was the last thing on their mind. I am starting to get slightly worried for you and why you bring this up all the time.

I miss the bit where you say these expressions are acceptable.

I also miss the bit where you explain that being ignorant of how most people will treat these expressions excuses the use of them.  They offend, that is all there is to it.

26 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I miss the bit where you say these expressions are acceptable.

I also miss the bit where you explain that being ignorant of how most people will treat these expressions excuses the use of them.  They offend, that is all there is to it.

I don't care whether you think the terms are acceptable. People use them and most, apart from you it seems, understands that the OP doesn't mean to promote anal rape when it's used. 

Its so easy to get offended. It's plain silly to get so worked up over something so trivial on the Internet. Get a grip Droy. 

Sea foot   

So calling half a million Liverpudlians bin dippers is not offensive to them but using a phrase that (it seems) only yourself on here finds offensive is. Sometimes if you look for offence you will find it in spades. ( am I allowed to say spades?). I heard on the BBC a pundit (shan't call them experts) ltalking about the defenders using the black arts. There wasn't an intake of breath whilst he was castigated for racism and yet using black as bad and white as good is far more offensive IMO.

2 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

And let's be honest here, is it any more offensive than you claiming to know the tought-process of other members here or how they form their opinions. In my book that's far more offensive than using innocent slang online. 

I'm offended by "butthurt" as I am by any Americanism, such as, for instance "my bad" etc. I equally find poor punctuation and poor grammar highly offensive.

;-)

17 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Aaaaanyway , England playing the sheep shaggers today. Everyone excited?

Hang on a bleeding minute! Are you promoting sheep rape?!?

I'm deeply offended. 

4 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Hang on a bleeding minute! Are you promoting sheep rape?!?

I'm deeply offended. 

For all we know it may well be consensual! The way those Welsh sheep look at you... you just know, don't you! Gagging for it, they are. Gagging for it.

2 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

For all we know it may well be consensual! The way those Welsh sheep look at you... you just know, don't you! Gagging for it, they are. Gagging for it.

Bob you never stop bleeting on!