• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NoblyBobly

euro watch 2016

20 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

I'd drop him now. Put Butland in.

Hasn't he broken his leg? 

Still tempting.

1 hour ago, NoblyBobly said:

I'd drop him now. Put Butland in.

Butland is at home recovering from the fractured ankle he got in the friendly with Germany. However, I agree about Hart. Can't stand the guy and he's not that good a keeper, either. I'd have gone with Fraser Forster.

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

Butland is at home recovering from the fractured ankle he got in the friendly with Germany. However, I agree about Hart. Can't stand the guy and he's not that good a keeper, either. I'd have gone with Fraser Forster.

I didn't realise. That's a shame he's a far better keeper than Hart. Forster is a better keeper than Hart. At the moment most keepers are better than Hart.

Massively impressed by Conte's Italy first game. Completely unimpressed by them against Sweden today. 

Maybe I'm biased, and being at the game may sway me, but from where I'm sitting they were clearly second best against a very poor Sweden. No ideas. Solid shape yes. But utterly uninspiring otherwise. 

People on here will be disappointed over time of they expect anything but Jose type football. 

Sciatika   

^ to be fair, everyone's saying this is a very weak Italian squad (apart from the back four). Conte is making the best of a sow's ear, imo.

I could listen to Slaven Bilic all day, dissecting tactics and explaining what is good and bad about certain teams/individuals. Makes our home-grown "experts" like Hoddle, Shearer et al sound like the idiots that they are.

Zoowraa   
11 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

I could listen to Slaven Bilic all day, dissecting tactics and explaining what is good and bad about certain teams/individuals. Makes our home-grown "experts" like Hoddle, Shearer et al sound like the idiots that they are.

Yeah agreed. He is a breath of fresh air, comes across as kind of bloke you could go and  have a few pints before heading off to watch Metallica with.

Top bloke

19 hours ago, Sciatika said:

^ to be fair, everyone's saying this is a very weak Italian squad (apart from the back four). Conte is making the best of a sow's ear, imo.

Sounds like the perfect guy for us, then. Provided he can shore up the back four.

must say I'm not too impressed with the Belgians so far. Plenty of talent there, but something is missing. Doesn't smell like much team spirit to me

GURJ SS   

Is anyone else in pain while watching Hazard? He plays like he has given up on life altogether.